'05 Silverado HU wiring

So i need some help from anyone who has had to deal with a stock HU on a silverado of that year. I'm trying to install a volt meter in my friends truck and i cannot for the life of me find a correct wiring diagram. i just need to know which wire is which. anyone help me?

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

Radio 12v orange + radio harness

Radio Ground black/white - radio harness

Radio Ignition (Class 2 Serial Data)

Radio Illumination N/A

Factory Amp Turn-on pink + radio harness

Power Antenna N/A

LF Speaker +/- tan - gray +,- radio harness

Notes: If equipped, the amplifier is under the center console.

RF Speaker +/- lt. green - dk. green +,- radio harness

LR Speaker +/- brown - yellow +,- radio harness

RR Speaker +/- dk. blue - lt. blue +,- radio harness

154k03o.png

01 Tahoe

Big 3

20 ft.1/0 streetwire under hood

4 Batteries

Stock Battery and

1800 Kinetic Batt under hood

2 Sprinter S12V500F Battery,165 AH

Kicker 1/0 going from front to back

Sirius sportster

Alpine 9886

Kicker 650.4zx mids and highs

Q-Logic kick panels w/Kicker6 1/2 comps.

XXX re comp 6.5 in front doors

Alpine6.5 coax in rear doors

2 Audioque 2200d strapped

2 Audioque 18 HDC3

5% all the way around

2 layers raamat on roof

doors covered in raamat

Not sure what you're describing. You need a radio diagram, but you're trying to put a volt meter in?

Are you trying to put a H/U in? If so, GET THE HARNESS. Do not just chop the factory radio harness off. Run up to your local stereo dealer and get the harness for the '02. It will be the same plug, however removing the factory radio will lose your onstar, and door chimes(similar alert tones)

If he wants to keep the door chimes and other features you will need an 03-05 harness that has a module built in that will retain the tones, however it's much more costly. What it comes down to is if you can live without the door chimes and alerts.

From there, it's just basic harness building connecting your H/U's harness to the install harness. Read the chart on the package, don't just connect the colors, sometimes they aren't always right.

Here's a skim over what the factory harness contains.

Radio 12v orange + radio harness

Radio Ground black/white - radio harness

Radio Ignition (Class 2 Serial Data)

Radio Illumination N/A

Factory Amp Turn-on pink + radio harness

Power Antenna N/A

LF Speaker +/- tan - gray +,- radio harness

Notes: If equipped, the amplifier is under the center console.

RF Speaker +/- lt. green - dk. green +,- radio harness

LR Speaker +/- brown - yellow +,- radio harness

RR Speaker +/- dk. blue - lt. blue +,- radio harness

Interface Module: Category:

*With this truck you do not have an ignition wire coming to the radio. You will need to run a separate source of ignition, I recommend going to the ignition wire (Pink) +12v on ignition (located in the ignition harness) Also without the 03+ harness you will lose RAP which allows the radio to stay on after the key is turned off until the doors are opened.

If you are simply trying to get your volt meter's source from the radio harness, then shame on you. Dont be a slacker, and do it the right way. If your goal is to get the voltage of the battery then where do you think the meter needs to be connected to? It needs to have a non constrained path to the battery. If not connected directly to the battery, then very close in the trucks circuit. A good spot would be at a rail lug in the underhood fuse box. Remove the support bracket from over the fuse box that connects the front fender to the firewall, and it will allow you to remove the fuse box cover. On the side closest to the battery you will see a heavy guage wire coming from the battery to the fuse panel(about 10-8 gauge that is bolted down to the fuse panel) This is a good spot to source the meter's voltage as your 2nd choice. As for ground, do not use a seat bolt, or tap into a light's ground wire. Either go to the battery, or a very direct run to the battery. If you're going to put a screw into a grounded source of the truck's metal, be sure to REMOVE the paint completely to the bare metal where the wire terminal will seat against.

Any other questions just ask.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

If you are simply trying to get your volt meter's source from the radio harness, then shame on you. Dont be a slacker,

Haha yeahhh just tryin to get it done. Honestly, he doesn't even have a system, he just wants one cuz i have one and the thinks it looks cool. But if i were to run it directly from the battery, should i run a toggle switch in the middle of the remote turn on wire so i have the ability to turn it on and off? so its not ALWAYS on.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

Archived