Enter the Fuse Rating

FuseRatings.jpg

I am doing 3 runs of 1/0 from the front battery to the back (or should I go from the alternators?) Please enter in the size of the fuses that I should use. Also if you think I should fuse from the rear batts to the Amps please suggest a size. If more info is needed please just ask. I know that there is a fuse rating thread but I have to be honest, after looking at it multiple times, I am still confused.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Fuse each run of 1/0 between the optima and kinetiks in 2 spots, within 18" of the optima and within 18" of the kinetiks. Fuse to wire rating, so 250a or 300a will be fine, but make sure to use 6 fuses for those runs. Then fuse within 18" of the run from battery to amp and match it as closely as possible to the amp's fuse ratings. You don't have to run each amp to a separate battery, they are all going to be connected in parallel and act as one big battery.

I would suggest running all 3 1/0 runs to the first 2400, and then for the other batteries make a buss bar and then you can just tap your power and ground straight from the bars.

Fuse each run of 1/0 between the optima and kinetiks in 2 spots, within 18" of the optima and within 18" of the kinetiks. Fuse to wire rating, so 250a or 300a will be fine, but make sure to use 6 fuses for those runs. Then fuse within 18" of the run from battery to amp and match it as closely as possible to the amp's fuse ratings. You don't have to run each amp to a separate battery, they are all going to be connected in parallel and act as one big battery.

I would suggest running all 3 1/0 runs to the first 2400, and then for the other batteries make a buss bar and then you can just tap your power and ground straight from the bars.

What he said......a bussbar would be you friend

Bussbar is most likely out of the question. My HC800 are located all the in the back of my truck. The HC2400's will be behind my second row seating, one on each side of the truck.

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Should I do my extra runs to the back from the alts or from my front battery?

d(-__-)b

Do you have two alts? The DC guys told me to run one alt to the starting batt and the second alt to the rear batt bank if I went to a dual setup. I have a ford, so I don't know if its the same for chevy. Also, I don't know how you would connect 3 1/0 cables to the alt, might be a tight fit. Im no expert, just what I was told.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

I do have 2 alts, the stock is a 130 and I also have a Ohio Gen 240

d(-__-)b

Keep the main alt wired to the starter battery and wire the second alt to the rear bank. If your doing 3 runs to the rear run one from the front battery to the rear and the other 2 from the second alt to the rear. I skipped the multiple wires and am just running 3/0 to the rear in mine. 300 amp fuses on each run should be fine. Im also grounding my alts to the frame in the front and running 3 grounds from my rear bank to the frame in the rear.

As for the amps, the fuse rating is usually recommended by the manufacturer.

okay, that sounds like a plan. Now addressing what Freakout said, I need to put a 300a fuse on each run up front. Then he suggest that i put another 300A fuse before the rear batts and yet more fuses between the rear batts and the amps. Is all that really needed? If it is then it is, but wouldnt just fusing up front and fusing between the rear batts and amps do fine? Do I really need to fuse right before the rear batts?

d(-__-)b