Enter the Fuse Rating

You should fuse off of any battery when running to an amp or an alt. The battery has a constant electrical supply, if something shorts in your run it will burn your truck up if it isnt fused. Fusing off the alts to the rear? I have seen it done and I have seen it not done. Really up to you.

The run from the front battery to the rear bank should have a fuse on both ends, period.

The 2 runs from the 2nd alt to the rear should be fused at the rear bank, period. I have read and seen people fusing and not fusing at the alt up front. If you want to be absolutely safe and protect the alternator use the fuses.

Runs from the rear batteries to your amps should be fused at the batteries, period.

I hate to add this on you. If im reading right your batteries are spread out around the back of your truck. If they were in a bank and secured together a buss bar would be the best way to connect them. If you were just wiring them together not using fuses would be OK. But if your running 6' of 1/0 to connect them because their on opposite sides of the truck I would fuse both ends of the cable. One crack in the wire jacket or any short to the chassis in that cable could mean by by truck.

Edited by -Hobby-

Well now alls I gotta do is find that post where somebody found a great deal on fuses.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Well now alls I gotta do is find that post where somebody found a great deal on fuses.

you can buy cheap ass ones in packs of 10 on ebay.

listen to what hobby said too^^

i was going to chime in and say the same thing he did :drinks:

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

okay, that sounds like a plan. Now addressing what Freakout said, I need to put a 300a fuse on each run up front. Then he suggest that i put another 300A fuse before the rear batts and yet more fuses between the rear batts and the amps. Is all that really needed? If it is then it is, but wouldnt just fusing up front and fusing between the rear batts and amps do fine? Do I really need to fuse right before the rear batts?

i just fused the front of mine, tho i was told i should put one in the back as well but i didnt, just remember that current flows both ways and that you could fry a whole run of 0gage if you dont fuse both ends

Im sure I do, anyone wanna fund them?

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

i just fused the front of mine, tho i was told i should put one in the back as well but i didnt, just remember that current flows both ways and that you could fry a whole run of 0gage if you dont fuse both ends

If you're not going to fuse before the rear batts then don't bother fusing at all. If you don't fuse at the back and one of those 0 gauges shorts out in the middle of the car then the fuse at the front will mean the fire in your car takes about 3 seconds longer to burn it to the ground. Same end result though.

FUSE ALL CURRENT SOURCES. ALWAYS.

(Although honestly I never fuse my very short runs of 0 from the rear batts to the amps. I just don't see them ever shorting out)

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!