Sundown Audio

5KW +

rc.btl

As far as stetsom amps, people bash them because they bsically use the parts that other companies use. but the parts that one company uses to make a 2kw amp stetsom uses to make a 5kw amp. So the point being is that they push their stuff to the limit to produce the power. Take a look at the 7kd or w.e it is and youll be like damn that amp is small compared to other lower 4kw amps from other companies.

Very, VERY misleading information here. The Stetsoms use TO-247 output parts but that's where the similarity ends.

Standard Zenon output FET, IRFP360LC - 400V, 23A, 280W

Stetsom 10kd output FET, IRFP90N20D - 200V, 94A, 580W

Saying they use 'the same parts' is like saying a Ford Ka and a Lamborghini Diablo are the same because they both have 4 wheels.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Cadence C5

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Atomic 5000.1 if you're looking for 5k or atomic 7000.1 [email protected] ;)

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Sundown 4500 if you want quality and good service. Or you can look into 2 AQ 3500 strapped. They do there rated power strapped. Not too shabby of price either.

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

Very, VERY misleading information here. The Stetsoms use TO-247 output parts but that's where the similarity ends.

Standard Zenon output FET, IRFP360LC - 400V, 23A, 280W

Stetsom 10kd output FET, IRFP90N20D - 200V, 94A, 580W

Saying they use 'the same parts' is like saying a Ford Ka and a Lamborghini Diablo are the same because they both have 4 wheels.

Thanks for correcting me, and while im sure you're right for the most part. and while ive never owned a stetsom, alot of people have said similar things regarding these amps, and thier parts, about being over driven to squeeze out power if you will--

so ive read things like that many many times and those claims have to mean something, its not like i got that idea from nowhere ya know.

a Ka vs a diablo is a bit extreme though... maybe like a mustang or an svt focus but a ka..? lol jk

but back on topic, i dont remember anyone mentioning anything from hifonics-- you could always look at them like a Colosus or a Goliath iirc

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

so ive read things like that many many times and those claims have to mean something, its not like i got that idea from nowhere ya know.

This is true, they have a bit of a bad rep. Part of it is just hate/jealousy against Alan Dante though, I think.

There are some issues with them, definitely.

The early ones especially have some design flaws. Mine have bits of the PCB scratched off with an Xacto knife because otherwise they would have shorted out. Plus there's a few other issues with them from the way they are built and the techniques and materials used. Just to give you an idea... I can de-solder MOSFETs from a Stetsom with a 60w soldering iron but removing them from a Zenon usually requires pre-heating the larger masks with either a hot air station or a mini-blowtorch. Koreans using higher temperature, higher quality solder I can only assume. Plus it's so so easy to pull vias on my earlyish Stetsom boards whereas the Zenons tend to be fairly tough except where they cram larger parts into positions made for smaller ones.

I am sure with a little bit of time Stetsoms big amps will come of age and then they'll be hard to beat. The shear amount of real, raw CLEAN power from a package that small is impossible to ignore.

Just be wary about repeating stuff you have heard from people on the internet like it's fact. A lot of the time they're just repeating rumours themselves :)

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Yea Allan Dante Is a beast for sure and thanks for clearing that up. I just think its something to consider about Stetsom amps for the OP I wasn't trying to bash but instead offer another perspective. But I know what you mean about people twisting info around.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Archived