This may be a stupid question but you just spray it on the outside of your light? and spray each coat 5 minutes or so apart?

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-Alpine KTP-445 Power Pack

-Polk Audio db6501 (front components)

-Polk Audio db651 (back coaxials)

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Custom box tuned to 33Hz

- Kinetik HC1400

- 50 ft2 of Audio Technix sound deadner

- Big 3

My photography page

This may be a stupid question but you just spray it on the outside of your light? and spray each coat 5 minutes or so apart?

That's what I did. Clean the lights real well (I used windex and those blue towels), then do LIGHT coats. I did mine every 30 minutes just because I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but as stated it dries WAY darker than you would expect so don't go nuts on it. I did 3 light coats and was more than satisfied.

thats good but even still you should hit your paint with a clay bar before you do any buffing otherwise you are just buffing micro dirt particles deeper into the paint and giving you swirl marks or light scratches

I did wash the car before I did it, but in hindsight, you got a point. Although, my car was already hella swirlmarked thanks to the previous owners so you can't really tell.

Too many projects, too little time...

That's what I did. Clean the lights real well (I used windex and those blue towels), then do LIGHT coats. I did mine every 30 minutes just because I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but as stated it dries WAY darker than you would expect so don't go nuts on it. I did 3 light coats and was more than satisfied.

how long does it take to dry? and would you recommend clear coating it? (lol lotta questions sorry lol one more tho) this won't come off if you wash the car? (including a high pressure washer?) and what about if you wax?

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-Alpine KTP-445 Power Pack

-Polk Audio db6501 (front components)

-Polk Audio db651 (back coaxials)

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Custom box tuned to 33Hz

- Kinetik HC1400

- 50 ft2 of Audio Technix sound deadner

- Big 3

My photography page

how long does it take to dry? and would you recommend clear coating it? (lol lotta questions sorry lol one more tho) this won't come off if you wash the car? (including a high pressure washer?) and what about if you wax?

I cleared mine, but at least polish it so you get a nice shine on it. I didn't have issues until someone put a scratch in mine but some people say to hit the lights with 2000 grit before you spray to give it some tooth.

Too many projects, too little time...

If you guys have japanese or european cars, check out bluebatmobile.net. Andy over there makes some of the best overlays, I'm hopefully getting some GTR tails for my G37.

Archived