Stinger Red Voltage Results!..pics Added

Well got it in..Damn near burnt my car down..Accidentally touched positve and Negative terminals on my amp with my screwdriver..It blasted the whole phillips head tip of my screwdriver off in less than 1 second, burnt hand in the process...Then to top it off running my wire from my amp terminals in my trunk to the front of the car must have affected the reading I am getting at the meter...The most I can get the meter to read is 13.8 volts..With my Handheld meter at the amp and with the car Idling I am getting 14.4-14.38 volts...With the car off at the amp I am getting a reading of 13 volts-12.8 volts..On my meter at the dash only 12.0 volts or so..And I have adjusted it..Just won't come close to what I am getting at the amp...I guess I will just have to remember 13.8 volts is 14.4 at the amp I guess...Yep just took it for a ride..13.8 is all it will do...I wonder why..??? Well under full song my voltage only drops .2 volts from 13.8 to 13.6 on my Stinger Meter..So in real world that is 14.4 to 14.2 or so...That ain't bad..Good thing I have a good electrical system...Now it is time to put my Big Girl Panties on and drop some money for an amp with some power...Time to blow the trunk off this bitch...

damn i know that hurt, i have gotten shocked a few times myself and its no joke!

Yeah Happy But concerned..Cause I didn't blow any fuses..This should have blown a fuse..If it were to short to My car..Bye Bye car, I would be putting out my own fire in my own car...I am gonna purchase a couple more fuses to go in there..I need one on my Second Battery...Even though it is in its own box..ANything could happen..The fuse I have up front is to big..I think I need about a 200 amp fuse...on both front and back...I have a 300 in the front now. I thought my amp was toast but it didn't even blow any fuses in it...?? Just got lucky..

Here are a couple of Pics I took today and tonight..Don't mind the dust and the dirt..Cleaning day is tommorow at work..My new amp arrives Tuesday and guess who will be working again that day????<<<<< So..The amp goes in Tuesday..

IMG_0160.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

Here are two pictures, once again you can see 13.8 volts when running But at amp it is 14.4. Same with other picture..At the amp with the car off it is around 13 volts..Off by about a volt..

Edited by zaxfire69

I got mine from Darvex.com..Did you?? Wonder why they do that??? Mine tops out at 13.8 volts when the car is running. and around 12-11.7 when car is off..Check the amp with handheld meter..14.4 running and 13 with car off..

I have found that alot of the voltmeters including Lightning Audios are off by a volt, so I wouldnt worry much about it....Have you tried to calibrate it, or adjust it?

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg