Stinger Red Voltage Results!..pics Added

Going to mount it next to my radio, from you guys experience where is the best place to tie the volt meter into?? I have 12v connections right next to my radio would that work or do I need to hook it close to the amp???

Edited by zaxfire69

I would assume that it is a volt meter for the subwoofer amplifiers correct? If so I would just tap into the power wire going to the amplifier. I may be wrong. I just ordered a Phoenix Gold volt meter also yesterday with the blue display. I planned on mounting it in the dash.

www.AlabamaDrift.com04 Silverado in the works

I wonder if the extra feet of wire in between my amp in the Trunk and the guage on the dash will effect my reading much?? I will probably have to run about 6 feet of wire from the back to the front for the readout to work??

Yeah it is adjustable according to the Package...Yeah I can do that thure!! Ha Ha Yeah this little thing is cool...I will get the wires all wrapped up and taped up snug as a bug in a rug inside then just go outside and run them from the amp to the dash then adjust..Now I just have to find some extra wire..I have a ton of speaker wire...Don't have any power wire..Might have to take a trip to buy some wire...

Well got it in..Damn near burnt my car down..Accidentally touched positve and Negative terminals on my amp with my screwdriver..It blasted the whole phillips head tip of my screwdriver off in less than 1 second, burnt hand in the process...Then to top it off running my wire from my amp terminals in my trunk to the front of the car must have affected the reading I am getting at the meter...The most I can get the meter to read is 13.8 volts..With my Handheld meter at the amp and with the car Idling I am getting 14.4-14.38 volts...With the car off at the amp I am getting a reading of 13 volts-12.8 volts..On my meter at the dash only 12.0 volts or so..And I have adjusted it..Just won't come close to what I am getting at the amp...I guess I will just have to remember 13.8 volts is 14.4 at the amp I guess...Yep just took it for a ride..13.8 is all it will do...I wonder why..??? Well under full song my voltage only drops .2 volts from 13.8 to 13.6 on my Stinger Meter..So in real world that is 14.4 to 14.2 or so...That ain't bad..Good thing I have a good electrical system...Now it is time to put my Big Girl Panties on and drop some money for an amp with some power...Time to blow the trunk off this bitch...

Edited by zaxfire69