3M Headlight Lens Restoration *BEFORE AND AFTER PICS*

Never liked these kits. Waste of money if you ask me.

Buy a variety pack of wet sand paper, meguires "plast-x" and a good wax and you can do better, and you have supplies that will last alot longer.

After a few months if you dont keep the lenses clean, they are gonna go right back to fogged.

x2 on that. I did 2 of my cars with sandpaper, steel wool, meguires plast-x, then wax. It removed all the scratches, haze and yellow color- they were great and the beams were much better for a while. But it wasn't too long before they went back to yellow.

Is there no way to seal them???

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Never liked these kits. Waste of money if you ask me.

Buy a variety pack of wet sand paper, meguires "plast-x" and a good wax and you can do better, and you have supplies that will last alot longer.

After a few months if you dont keep the lenses clean, they are gonna go right back to fogged.

X2 My thoughts exactly!

Derp.

Alot of lights come with a clear U.V. protection on them, that is what gets damaged by the sun, which will cause the plastic underneath to dull and yellow.

The best way to clean those up is to hit them with some 1200 wet, 3000wet then hit em with a regular buffer (not an orbital) Just use regular rubbing compound, spin the buffer fast and get the lights hot with the pad.

This works on just about any light, you can even buff chrome. Just don't sand it first. Working in collision shops I have done more of these then I can remember. The best part about the buffer and compound is you can use it on the rest of your car as well.

i actually polished mine with mothers mag and aluminum. works great lol

06-21-09_2008.jpg

apparently you dont get the fact that the subaru was wrapped around a pole. and by the status of your comment, im guessing your mouth is too.

Vehicle: 1997 Honda Civic EX

Exterior: 55w 5k Headlights and 35w 3k JDM Fogs. Lowered. Sittin on steelies right now

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate P450.4

Batteries: Kinetik HC 800

Electrical: Big 3 in 1/0

Enclosure: n/a : (

Headunit: Clarion VZ409

Mids/Highs: Pheonix Gold Rsd6.5's in the Front Doors

Subwoofers: n/a : (

Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 and 4g

Future Upgrades: 20% tint all around, GC/Koni coilovers, body work (fml) lol

Archived