Ok so here is the story. So i got a new video card like 6 or 7 months ago it has been working great then one day i when to turn on my comp. And the fan on the card was louder then usual and it seems like my computer doesn't recognize that my video card it plugged in. So i took it to my teacher cause he has a power supply tester and he unplugged my 24 pin that was plugged into my motherboard and tested it and plugged it back in and it started working. So i took it home and it worked fine. Then the other night my comp went on standby and the video card did the same thing. So i unplugged the 24 pin and put it back in and it worked. But then just last night i turned my comp off and this morning i when to turn it back on and its doing it again. I tryed the same thing i did before but now its not working. Like when i turn my comp on the light on the power button blinks like 4 times and then turns on it dident do that when my video card worked. The video card is a PNY GeForce 8800 gt. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Kasey

way to many things it can be, but honestly, everytime you remove the 24pin mobo plug, your reseting the motherboard more or less. I think you might be having a RAM issue, and not a GPU issue.....believe it or not :pardon: . If your able too, post the motherboard your using, and ram specs please. if it is the GPU, the way to try it out is to swap in another GPU, and obviously see if the same issues resume

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

way to many things it can be, but honestly, everytime you remove the 24pin mobo plug, your reseting the motherboard more or less. I think you might be having a RAM issue, and not a GPU issue.....believe it or not :pardon: . If your able too, post the motherboard your using, and ram specs please. if it is the GPU, the way to try it out is to swap in another GPU, and obviously see if the same issues resume

If im not mistaken my motherboard is a NVIDIA GeForce 6150 AM2 uBTX 1394 Motherboard. And as for ram 1024 MB DDR2 533 MHz (PC4200) (two 512 MB modules) with a 1g DDR2 that i added.

if your motherboard has an onboard display remove the card a try booting with just the onboard. is the RAM properly seated in the slots? are the power cord plugged into the GPU properly is the card securely in the expansion slot? does it beep at you?

98d60dea.png

01 GMC Sonoma 4x4

RF T1500.1bd

DC LVL 4 12"

• 4 weeks later...

Are you getting any Bios beeps?

CIMG0974.jpg

89 Chevy K1500 | 358 ci | ultimate TBI | 0.60 Over-Bore | Forged Aluminum Pistons | ported & Polished 193 heads | Edelbrock shorties | Custom 3" to 2¼ Exhuast

K&N Typhoon Cold Air | Skyjacker 6" Lift | Mickey Thompson Bajas 35" | American Racing 17" Bajas | MSD Igniton. More to Come