Second Skin Audio

Two 10"s or 12"s to handle 3k for under $400.00.

I am looking for a few sub options for my friends Oldsmobile Alero. The available amplifiers will be two Bxi1610d's (Hifonics), and i need a few budget options in where i can put all of this power from the Gods. (lolz) Electrical will be a kinteik hc1400 in the trunk and a HO alt. in which I am still on the lookout for. The better the price on the subs, the better for my bank. Thanks! :)

Note: Looking at new OR used.

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Two 12" DC Audio XL M2'sCrescendo Audio BC5500d

Current Scores: 150+ out the Trunk

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

sounds like your friend is............you? lol

but you your friends twin cousin brothers sisters uncle or whatever, should do a build with a multiple nice speakers like the PUPs if you can find some.ooor some sony xplods or along those lines. it does not have to be top brand to get loud

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

you know, i would have to reccomend pioneer premier championships. i wasnt expecting these subs to do so well. i have 2 in a 4.5 cu ft ported box (i know, but youd be surprised how well this works out) and they replaced my team rf 12s. theyll max out at 3500 watts each, but these are some serious subs for so cheap. find them on onlinecarstereo.com or woofersetc.com for $150 not including the shipping.

now i dont want to make it seem as if these subs were better than team rf 12s, but bass clarity, sound quality, and spl was all there and i couldnt ask for more. these would hit the highs so nicely and the lows so cleanly, i couldnt complain. these take a little longer than other subs ive owned but run them free air and then DUMP!

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

you know, i would have to reccomend pioneer premier championships. i wasnt expecting these subs to do so well. i have 2 in a 4.5 cu ft ported box (i know, but youd be surprised how well this works out) and they replaced my team rf 12s. theyll max out at 3500 watts each, but these are some serious subs for so cheap. find them on onlinecarstereo.com or woofersetc.com for $150 not including the shipping.

now i dont want to make it seem as if these subs were better than team rf 12s, but bass clarity, sound quality, and spl was all there and i couldnt ask for more. these would hit the highs so nicely and the lows so cleanly, i couldnt complain. these take a little longer than other subs ive owned but run them free air and then DUMP!

maybe because your amp didnt have enough power for the TRF's but when you changed subs since the Pioneers are weaker it got louder simply because its a lower rated woofer which takes it less power to get loud..but sometime people go with what sounds better at the moment.

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

sounds like your friend is............you? lol

but you your friends twin cousin brothers sisters uncle or whatever, should do a build with a multiple nice speakers like the PUPs if you can find some.ooor some sony xplods or along those lines. it does not have to be top brand to get loud

Well actually, you are correct on the assumption that I too, own an Oldsmobile Alero, a 2001 GX Coupe. My friend Kyle, (yes he exists) just picked up a 5-speed GL (not sure of the year), from an old man down the road for $3200. He has been bugging me to set him up with something, and the budget he is giving me is rather tight, therefore I felt as if SMD was one of the better places on the net to get some suggestions. :) And along with your first assumption, I am flying the DC banner in the sig because I have recently purchased a 15" Level 4xl and am running it in MY REAL CAR. :) The problem being (well more like challenge) is that he is asking for either two 10"s or two 12"s. Based on having the same vehicle, I have ideas of what he can fit, and to get two 15"s in our trunk, forget about it. He pays me, so i get him what he asks for. lol

And on a side note, I have a pretty good idea as to how car audio works (no sarcasm), I am by no means "audio illiterate" so serious suggestions are appreciated. :)

Edited by Cashdollar2009

maybe because your amp didnt have enough power for the TRF's but when you changed subs since the Pioneers are weaker it got louder simply because its a lower rated woofer which takes it less power to get loud..but sometime people go with what sounds better at the moment.

nope, the amp was sufficient. it was a daily driver so it didnt need anything uber loud and was powered by a t15001bd. the lows on the team rf 12s were incredibly louder and stronger, but the clarity and quality of the pioneers was superb. especially during the highs. it became really evident when i was bumping the song love lockdown by kanye west. but my audio system wasnt the point here...

the point being, because i only dont want to get sidetracked...that can happen pretty easily around this time, is that you can get the subs for about $150 each. and they will handle the power which was exactly what the OP was looking for, two 10s or two 12s that could handle 3000watts for under $400.

the point being, because i only dont want to get sidetracked...that can happen pretty easily around this time, is that you can get the subs for about $150 each. and they will handle the power which was exactly what the OP was looking for, two 10s or two 12s that could handle 3000watts for under $400.

And i appreciate the suggestion. :good: I will have to take a look into them. Currently on my list I have a pair of Re SX 10"s at $350.00 new. Also a pair of 12" cvx's at $389.00 new. Box space available will be around 4 to 4.5 cubes roughly. In **MY** car, I have my 15"XL sitting in 4 cubes.

And i appreciate the suggestion. :good: I will have to take a look into them. Currently on my list I have a pair of Re SX 10"s at $350.00 new. Also a pair of 12" cvx's at $389.00 new. Box space available will be around 4 to 4.5 cubes roughly. In **MY** car, I have my 15"XL sitting in 4 cubes.

i think hell be happier with the pioneers...lol. mind you he wont win any competitions but he will have very good, clean bass without breaking his wallet. whenever people ask to hook up speakers in their car but have no money this is what i offer. currently just finished making a box for 4 12s, and the girl is broke all the time and has only purchased 2 of them so far. two more to go and then an amp in her budget to push them. see..there i go getting sidetracked

yes, i spilled some of my water into the box, lol

box.jpg

I have 2 American Bass VFL 10 inch subs. They come with no box plans and I want $150 a piece plus shipping so add $35 onto each one.

1500 watt RMS - 3000 watts peak.

They do not have the holes drilled around the pole piece.

http://www.americanbassusa.com/front/showcontent.aspx?fileid=71

http://www.americanbassusa.com/front/showcontent.aspx?fileid=35

Have only been used twice.

PM if interested.

They are dual 1 ohm.

And to find a 3000 watt 10 or 12 is going to run you about $400 apiece.

Edited by ISO

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png