How long does it take you?

I get to side tracked and start messing with random shit in my truck so i have no clue how long it would take me. lol

1997 Chevy Cheyenne Single Cab

Pioneer DEH-3200UB

Two sets of Orion 6.5" Components In Each Door

AudioQue HDC3 15"

^^^ Its all For Sale!!!!! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/99546-lots-to-sale-good-prices/ ^^^ AQ2200D

Wow, such a flexy beast(see what i did there lol)

Few days if I want to hide everything make it clean and play right. No system is installed with out running into bumps along the install

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

with the amount of free time i have... about 3 weeks...

damn... this got me thinking... i dont even know how many hours i put into my truck... lol..

My first truck... My first Real build...

*Update 8/9/10 DC Power 270xp Alt is In!!!*

1997 Toyota T-100 DC Level 5 18" in a T-line

Everybody wants their system to be....

1. Cheap

2. Reliable

3. Loud

...you can only pick two.

micahmye hertz pack

Its faster when you have friends lol

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

depends on the car/truck

lets see.

like a chevy truck, say a quad cab

about 4 hours start to finish....... and clean

with a little amp rack, and running wires into doors, and sound dampner

now say something like a new 4door civic.

and 7 hours.

a little break down i suppose.

deck in pretty much any car. 20-25 min

fronts and rears in a chevy truck 50min includes run wires

2ch amp and 4ch amp wiring ... 50min

battery and big 3 30min

terminal and tune 25min

Ive been doing this a long time, and im setup to do anything here at the shop.

so my times will be a little faster than most of you, I can tell you that speed and cleanliness comes with lots of practice.

Before I even start a job I now know every little step of the install before I get started.

This helps me gather everything I will need and then go tackle the car.

Walking back and forth to the toolbox really kills productivity

So just focus guys, and try to save up for the right tools for any job.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Walking back and forth to the toolbox really kills productivity

naile dit.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

on average, 8 hours if i knew the car, plan for 2 days if i didnt (giving myself safety time, and im assuming just a cut piece of mdf wrapped in carpet for an amprack)

some cars you just get to know tricks for. a whole lot of fords and toyotas I can do a full deck install (crimp capped wire harness) in 20 minutes or less. gm trucks i can do 4 door speakers in an hour or so (trailblazer, tahoe, escalade, etc. once you know the doors they kinda fly off. memorizing the speaker wires saves alot of time, as does using a drill with the right bit instead of a screwdriver)

then again, it took me 2 hours to run power wire through an 09 accord's firewall, and the back deck of that car is a goddamn 2 hour process. some cars just take waaaaay longer.

and im one of those people with a toolbox small enough to carry and have it right next to me while i work. x10000 on wasting more time looking for tools than working if you're not organized. its always when you're under pressure that it takes 20 minutes to find your goddamn wire brush so you can take paint off for a ground, or you remember that GM's use retarded ass torx to hold on the speaker and you have to run all around looking for one

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

If im completely focused i can wake up in the morning and start the project and be done by that night and booming, this is assuming that u have all the materials u need to get the job done. also if car installs were your job believe me time is money. Just because a BIG job like that is done in one day doesnt make the install any less quality then if i were to do it in 3 days. its almost all the same to me. :good:

894.jpgfrontbumper.jpgfunny.jpg

"never drive faster then your guardian angel flies... good think my guardian angel drives a twin turbo ed beast"

"its time has come for those who are different to stand united"

haha, depends on how many pics u stop n take lol

when i useto change systems in my geo about every month i could take out the deck, put one in, run wires, run speaker wires, put in dash n door speakers, rear deck speakers, put box in trunk, run rcas for 3way xover n tune everything in 6hrs cause i dont take breaks, n it was hella clean

i had 1 200w2ch on front speakers, 1 200w2ch on rear speakers, 400w4ch on rear tweets(i kno i was hella noob, i fried dem bitchs lol), and a 600w 2ch on 2 15's wired to 4ohm mono

i had 2 runs of 4guage with a cap in back, one run of 4guage went to sub amp and cap, the other went to small amps and 3way xover, my geo was hella fast to work on

and my truck, i get side tracked like hell but i dont stop working when i do work, i just go at it n keep goin at it, my cam takes to long to let the flash get ready to take pics so thats kinda why i never did, i think if i rebuilt my truck i would take 2days, one day for box, other day for other things

i cant string shit out for a week cause im hella impatient, i want shit done n playin befor it gets dark

if everything comes into play the way i want it, i can redo my truck in about 8hrs, i took out all my system ecept the 2ch and relocated my rear 6&1/2's to factory spot n hid all the wires n even vacumed it all out n retuned everything in like 8hrs so i guess im fast in some ways

oh ya, this is in like 90degree weather, sawdust n sweat dont work together, i work in any weather, just as long as i got water to drink im good, i wished i had somewere to pull my truck in the shade for a week so i can really do some shit on it

ive only been doin this for 10yrs so im still slow at it

lol, i can wire up a heat pump from bare in 1hr n 30min n thats with all wires pulled off n goin by schematic so ya i guess im a wireing guru, now door jams suck ass runnin speaker wires threw that lil rubber boot even with fish tape, and if the battery is on left side its alot faster than right but ya it works

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Archived