Which Subs Will Get Higher Spl

well if I go with the same subs I am going to have a problem walling it off or is that the way I should go. and as far as overpowering them I am runing 2 w6s to 1 amp which is at 1ohm. And they do just fine. What should I expect from andding an amp and 2 more subs. score wise.

Well being that it is your 1st comp, i'm gonna go out and say that I doubt your box is correct yet. You should work on finding the most out of what you have now because, you can go drop 20K in a system throw it in your car and not be any louder then you are right now.

Walls are tricky to get right. it's going to take some time to get it right.

There is a millon ways to skin your cat. Before dropping your hard earned skribble, work with what you got, learn from it then you will know what you will need to do to get loud with new gear.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Well wher can I go to get help with a box. The box that is in their is specd to the subs is thst not the way I need to go. And when I do change it out. And when I do build one right for the subs will it be noticable loud wis or will it read different on the mic. Another thing is I heard that you can build a box that will read on the mic but is not loud. Whats up with that.

99 2dr Blazer

Kenwood KVT-614

SounDigital SD16k

4 Fi BTL 18s

4 hertz high energy 6.5s comps

4 stock ad244 alts

6 g31s batts

8 runs 0ga

sdandfibanner.png

like its been said bixes are tricky I would try and downsize your box and put more power to them subs to get higher #'s...JL's are known for liking small boxes even smaller ported boxes. Plus when your box is smaller the subs will in fact accept more power. Walls are very tricky! I am still working on my burbs and getting better results most of the time...angles and 45's will assist in gettint your air flow working to your advantage. I say keep what you got for now maybe some more power but play with your box size and ports first ;)

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

So ur saying that I should go smaller than what jl specs for the subs. and if so give me an idea of how much smaller. And should I go with L shaped ports. Or should I add the totoal port area together and just make a rectangle or square port like steve For all for subs and should they have chambers or no.

99 2dr Blazer

Kenwood KVT-614

SounDigital SD16k

4 Fi BTL 18s

4 stock ad244 alts

6 g31s batts

8 runs 0ga

sdandfibanner.png

I wouldnt say go smaller than what jl specs but I would lean toward the smaller size enclosure...typically they will give you a number like sealed .5-.75 cu ft per sub and ported 1-1.5 cu ft per sub. ( those are not quotes from jl so dont take them as the correct specs just threw those #'s out there). I would use one common chamber and one port, just a slot if you can if not an L-port will work also.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

If thats the system in your sig pic then I would deffently say the port is hurting you. one larger port will be better. Also having the subs inverted isn't going to help you unless the space you have to work with for your box is too small. The baskets will get in the way of pushing the air.

Then your going to want to look at tuning, It's going to take some testing to get it right.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I know its going to take some time but I need a place to start. I need to know if I should use the specs from jl if not then were do I get them or is their a common size to use with 12 if so, what is it.

99 2dr Blazer

Kenwood KVT-614

SounDigital SD16k

4 Fi BTL 18s

4 stock ad244 alts

6 g31s batts

8 runs 0ga

sdandfibanner.png