Sonic Electronix

okay, im a little confused about the power for alts. im about to buy a high output one for my 3000gt..its 220amp. is this good or should i go bigger? im going to be powering 4000wrms. what exactly does 220 amps mean? thank you!

260 iraggi alt

Yellow Top for the front

1 18" Solo x

1 Memphis Mojo 16-MCD4KW (4000wrms)

All 1/0 Wiring

2 250 Amp Circuit Breakers

BIG 3 1/0

1 Mits. 3000GT

220 Amps means the alterator produces an average peak of 220 amperes of current, which at 14.4 volts is 3,168 watts of power.

If your volts dip, you lose power. If you dont run in the peak RPM range, you lose power. It doesnt matter though given that you will not be feeding your system 4000w RMS and driving for extended periods of time, so any time the system does require more than the alternator can give it will just take it from the battery (as long as the battery(ies) are ok).

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

220 Amps means the alterator produces an average peak of 220 amperes of current, which at 14.4 volts is 3,168 watts of power.

If your volts dip, you lose power. If you dont run in the peak RPM range, you lose power. It doesnt matter though given that you will not be feeding your system 4000w RMS and driving for extended periods of time, so any time the system does require more than the alternator can give it will just take it from the battery (as long as the battery(ies) are ok).

thank you for your helpful info! i appreciate it! :D dont know how you knew it was 3/168 watts, but im sure i can figure it out eventually..obviously 220 amps puts that much watts..once again thank you!

260 iraggi alt

Yellow Top for the front

1 18" Solo x

All 1/0 Wiring

BIG 3 1/0

1 Mits. 3000GT

amps X volts = 3168 thats how he got it, he took 220 amps X 14.4 volts

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

amps X volts = 3168 thats how he got it, he took 220 amps X 14.4 volts

oOOOoh! thank you very much! :D

260 iraggi alt

Yellow Top for the front

1 18" Solo x

All 1/0 Wiring

BIG 3 1/0

1 Mits. 3000GT

good luck getting that mother fucker in...

o wait u probably have the dohc...still a son of a bitch to get in....

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

good luck getting that mother fucker in...

o wait u probably have the dohc...still a son of a bitch to get in....

any advice? :D

260 iraggi alt

Yellow Top for the front

1 18" Solo x

All 1/0 Wiring

BIG 3 1/0

1 Mits. 3000GT

install it outside of the dealership and swear a lot while doing it.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Good info right there