Grounds to my tahoe's frame....quick Q for the PRO's please...

If all these PROS are giving you suggestions and you already tried it then why dont you go somewhere else and ask.God damn dude all i did was try to help YOU and wasted my time looking for fixes for the problem for you.Go pay for some PRO help instead of bitching about not getting the fucking answer you want.And just because your wiring is SHOW QUALITY dont mean its all done proper asshole.You been around the site long enough why couldnt you just pm all the PROS and ask them instead of waiting for weeks to find out through all the help....i mean CLUTTER people are dropping in here.Grow the fuck up.

Hmmm, your going to get taken care of

Butt hurt is what trolls say.Ill leave it at that.

again, your going to get taken care of

Seth. I have only one question for you. How long has it been since you've topped off your batteries with a charger? That would be my first suggestion if you have not done so already. The second thing I would recommend would be to get an old ass pair of RCA's that you don't care about and cut off the ends and make a set of muting plugs out of them. On each rca, solder the center conductor to the shield and tape it off. Starting at the first piece of equipment after the head unit plug the muting plugs into it with the truck running...if the noise goes away it is something with the head unit or rca's. If not, it's your electrical.

I will try all that tommorrow, thank you SIR!

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Had a friend the other day, who had horrible road noise. He was changing his deck and found that one of the grounds under the dash,(i'm assuming to the radio) was rusty. So he said he cleaned it and put a ring terminal on it and grounded it. There is no noticeable noise anywhere in the vehicle. I know this has been talked about already. But it never hurts to go back and check where you have already. You may just find something you didn't before. Good luck! I hope you track it down. Its a pain i know!

03 350Z

I am having the same damn problem in my car, just popped up out of nowhere. Random question but does yours seem to get really loud when your lights are on? Mine is noticeable all the time but it gets unbearable when I hit the low beams.

Too many projects, too little time...

I am having the same damn problem in my car, just popped up out of nowhere. Random question but does yours seem to get really loud when your lights are on? Mine is noticeable all the time but it gets unbearable when I hit the low beams.

lights on or off, really dont matter to me, same noise.

I could dig up the greatest noise-isolating document I've ever seen if you like. Much of it you will have already tried though, no doubt.

Where's your fuel pump in relation to everything? My friend gets wicked-bad 'fizz' if his RCAs are near the fuel pump.

Have you got a scope?

Go to your mids/highs amp and try tweaking the RCAs to one side. A cracked solder joint on the RCA ground will give you some WICKED noise.

Seriously, I've seen hardly any cars that got noise with the engine off, even with bad RCAs/amps/whatever. Just because it only happens with the engine on doesn't mean it's caused by something that runs with the engine. A bad RCA shield will give you ridiculous noise with the engine on but may give you no trouble at all with it off.

And just for the hell of it - make sure the RCA and speaker negatives aren't touching ground anywhere. With some setups the RCA grounding trick will make things worse. At the same time, you may want to try it. Also if you can borrow a transformer-based ground loop isolator and go around your RCAs putting that in it might help you isolate the problem.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

I could dig up the greatest noise-isolating document I've ever seen if you like. Much of it you will have already tried though, no doubt.

Where's your fuel pump in relation to everything? My friend gets wicked-bad 'fizz' if his RCAs are near the fuel pump.

Have you got a scope?

Go to your mids/highs amp and try tweaking the RCAs to one side. A cracked solder joint on the RCA ground will give you some WICKED noise.

Seriously, I've seen hardly any cars that got noise with the engine off, even with bad RCAs/amps/whatever. Just because it only happens with the engine on doesn't mean it's caused by something that runs with the engine. A bad RCA shield will give you ridiculous noise with the engine on but may give you no trouble at all with it off.

And just for the hell of it - make sure the RCA and speaker negatives aren't touching ground anywhere. With some setups the RCA grounding trick will make things worse. At the same time, you may want to try it. Also if you can borrow a transformer-based ground loop isolator and go around your RCAs putting that in it might help you isolate the problem.

thank you for the reply. I am just going to have to buy new RCA's AGAIN, but this time I guess I'll stay away from stinger's, I spent 11$ each for these (they were on sale) I guess spending more really does get you a more "Quality" product. It almost has to be RCA's (Even though the pair im using are brand new) i've tried just about everything.....

might want to have the diodes checked in your alt if they are goin bad you will get that noise no matter what you do

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

Archived