Sonic Electronix

good point! but if he isn't using it to make profit..it would be better to get the lcd..just pop it on and go..would be more sufficient for me :D plus i dnt like having my laptop all hooked up vibrating n all..but if u get a long enough usb u can do it "professionally" outside of the car :P

btw, how much do termlabs usually run for?

$650 plus shipping for the basic termlab model.

What I like about the LCD model is it works with a computer giving you detailed display like the termlab. You can also use it as a standalone unit giving you both peak hold measurements or real time continuous measuring. I'll be placing my order soon. I'll post a review in the product review section. I'll add a link here as well.

In the mean time I'd like to here some suggestions as how to go about testing this item. I have a friend with a termlab. If he hasn't sold it I'll try some side by side testing. I encourage everyone to voice their suggestions. I'll try making this as informative and straight forward as possible.

Thanks to everyone for you input and support.

$650 plus shipping for the basic termlab model.

What I like about the LCD model is it works with a computer giving you detailed display like the termlab. You can also use it as a standalone unit giving you both peak hold measurements or real time continuous measuring. I'll be placing my order soon. I'll post a review in the product review section. I'll add a link here as well.

In the mean time I'd like to here some suggestions as how to go about testing this item. I have a friend with a termlab. If he hasn't sold it I'll try some side by side testing. I encourage everyone to voice their suggestions. I'll try making this as informative and straight forward as possible.

Thanks to everyone for you input and support.

holy crap!! thats hella money! i wonder if i can find one on craigslist or ebay a lot cheaper.. :/ the audio stores around here charge 20 to test.. rip off!!

ill be looking forward to the results! cant wait :D

260 iraggi alt

Yellow Top for the front

1 18" Solo x

1 Memphis Mojo 16-MCD4KW (4000wrms)

All 1/0 Wiring

2 250 Amp Circuit Breakers

BIG 3 1/0

1 Mits. 3000GT

I'm looking forward to doing this. Unfortunatly, it seems my bad timing has struck yet again. My payment will not reach SPL-Labs before they close for a short time off. It seems they are a small operation / one man show. My item will not ship till later this month. :( This is not anyone's fault. It's just how the planets lined up I guess. Sorry fellas.

I am open to testing suggestions. I'm also looking for someone with a termlab in the San Antonio area for some side by side comparisons. Feel free and chime in with thoughts and suggestions.

Thanks

yes i have talked in depth with the guy over in russia they use the same mic and a very similar soft ware. they $270 and shipping is $60.

he is currently on vacation and will be back on the 19th he actually went on vacation today.

he software works with Windows Vista, XP, Seven. term lab only works on xp or older not vista or seven.

these pictures are the ones of the lcd meter they have and you can plug it in through your cig. lighter in your car and also into your computer seems like it would be very convenient

post-21424-127082814717_thumb.jpg

post-21424-127082815885_thumb.jpg

post-21424-127082816699_thumb.jpg

post-21424-127082818032_thumb.jpg

That's the one I ordered. Thanks for posting pics cthedinger. Bummer I wont get my hands on it till last this month. SPL-Labs does have a Youtube channel with side by side test of their products with a term-lab. Interested parties can see the vids here.

My only real concern is the test are done with some sort of air compressor device providing pressure to the sensor. I wonder if real world testing in actual cars might reveal otherwise. I hope not, but we'll see soon enough.

I am curious to hear your impressions cthedinger? Any tidbits you'd like to share? :)

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I use an old AC 190, it´s funny because it´s not calibrate, 12dbs more than the TL lol, but it helps for testing everything, but i would love to get something closer to the TL, let´s hope you can get some nice results with this option!

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

That's the one I ordered. Thanks for posting pics cthedinger. Bummer I wont get my hands on it till last this month. SPL-Labs does have a Youtube channel with side by side test of their products with a term-lab. Interested parties can see the vids here.

My only real concern is the test are done with some sort of air compressor device providing pressure to the sensor. I wonder if real world testing in actual cars might reveal otherwise. I hope not, but we'll see soon enough.

I am curious to hear your impressions cthedinger? Any tidbits you'd like to share? :)

Cheers

i really am liking this meter. too me it seems to basically be a term lab itself, only off by .1 and only 1/3 or 1/2 the cost of a term lab. in my opinion when it is only that far off, and you choose to still get a term lab you are just paying more for the name. i am currently saving up a little extra cash for one now.

but i am pretty impressed with them and he is very helpful.

where are you located at onebadmonte?

Here is a small update. Talks with SPL-Labs have resumed. I am pretty excited, I wasn't sure of I was out the cash I sent. Hehe. Any who, the LCD Bass meter will ship out in a couple of days. Only God knows how long it will take to get here because of the volcano in Iceland. :( As soon as it does I'll be back with another update.

Archived