This may seem like a dumb question to some but idk. should i be expected to have my own dmm, crimpers, pliers, strippers, etc?

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Guest Scylloga

This may seem like a dumb question to some but idk. should i be expected to have my own dmm, crimpers, pliers, strippers, etc?

Thats a question for the interview.

But mostly likely you will prolly want a good quallity set of strippers and a decent dmm.

It just shows your not unprepared.

I bought a greenlee DMM when I did my install in Feb.

My old one just qouldnt work anymore.

The model I got does everything I need and it was about 30 bucks at a tool outlet.

Thats a question for the interview.

But mostly likely you will prolly want a good quallity set of strippers and a decent dmm.

It just shows your not unprepared.

I bought a greenlee DMM when I did my install in Feb.

My old one just qouldnt work anymore.

The model I got does everything I need and it was about 30 bucks at a tool outlet.

ok i have one i just need to find to right probe wire things. I will add that to the list.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

most shops do not supply the tools. Id rather use my own anyways.

DMM

Drill

phillips bits

flat head screwdriver

phillips screwdriver

socket set.

those are the basics to get you by. I'm sure i forgot some stuff.

i have so much stuff now i need more tool boxes.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

things not to ask.

salary.

discounts.

breaks vacation etc.

This is incorrect. Although going into an interview these can not be your priority, or the things you focus your attention on during the interview, these are things that need to be discussed, negotiated, as well as an understanding of what the employer expects.

The discounts are not necessarily something that needs to be discussed, but the salary and vacation time is extremely relevant to your acceptance of a potential offer. It is also important for the employer to be made aware of potential time off you may be needing in the near future so both sides are aware of what they are getting themselves in and employer and an employee.

NEVER feel the need to stray away from asking questions about the position whether it be something as simple as "do we get breaks?" or as complex as getting into 401K and pension posibilities. It is important for the employer to understand what they are getting from you, as well as what you will be getting in return, and showing some interest in the "lang haul" never hurts!

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

Id never ask any of that on a first interview. Maybe thats just me but Ive seen people screw themselves out of 100k a year positions by doing so. Granted this isnt a 100k a yr position

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Id never ask any of that on a first interview. Maybe thats just me but Ive seen people screw themselves out of 100k a year positions by doing so. Granted this isnt a 100k a yr position

It is all personal preference as to how you approach it and your comfort level, but I can say from personal experience (as I am in a position of hiring people) even the small things that show interest in the company and what it does are a good sign. Not to mention it is important to know what you are going to be making...why accept a job if you then later find out your getting paid squat.

I also had to take quite a few classes in college about interviewing and resumes and all that good jazz and they all recommend discussing it. You have to be tactfull about it....but it is your one shot at negotiating your sallary. You can't ask for more money or decide what they are going to pay you isn't enough if you don't know prior to accepting.

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

I see your point of view. I found that if I did enough during the interview to warrant that discussion the salary expectations are more often than not brought up. I work in a different field as well and no one really ever gets hired on a one and done interview. usually two.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High