devilman Posted April 8, 2010 Report Posted April 8, 2010 I'm gonna be putting 2 IDQ 10s under the rear seat of a quad cab 06 dodge ram. My question is whether or not to port the box? I've done several of these boxes sealed but never ported. I was thinking I could run sum aero ports out the front of the metal part of the truck where there's already holes and I could enlarge them or I could mount the ports to the top that gets screwed down to the truck and have em firing up into the seat. I have about 2cuft to work with and I plan on raising the seat about 1-2" to give me a little more room, possibly .5-1 more cuft. Hopefully yall can kinda understand what I'm talking about with the enclosures you hafta build with these dodge trucks under the seat. Yall think it'd work? What do you think my best option would be with the ports? Thanks, Dman
devilman Posted April 12, 2010 Author Report Posted April 12, 2010 C'mon guys, anybody ever ported one of these boxes???
Namosh Posted April 12, 2010 Report Posted April 12, 2010 I've only had sealed under mine....not much help, huh? If I was to build a ported box, I'd try the port forward through the metal, like you said. My Ram Quad Cab Blow-through
devilman Posted April 12, 2010 Author Report Posted April 12, 2010 I was wanting to try and port it to do something different. I can get some flex ports from speciality products that I could bend around to get my length right and I think that'd work.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.