Second Skin Audio

2 18" Q's vs 1 18" BTL

Phlipcyde

It has occured to me that I really have no use for the backseat of my car and after seeing pics of Meade's wall in his Civic, I really would like to try one of my own.  I would be upgrading from a 15" re xxx (04 model) which has done me well these last couple years and because of that I would like to try some of the FI stuff.  I was thinking of either doing 2 18" Q's or 1 18" BTL (all options).  With the Q's I could give them about 7 cu^ft each and have about 200 in^2 of port.  And with the BTL I'd have plenty of room for whatever but was thinking 8-9 ft^3 with 150 in^2 of port, both would be tuned around 32hz.  As for power I would be putting 1200 watts per Q, or 2400 watts on the BTL.  I am really not sure on what to go with right now, but am mainly looking for output.  The 2 Q's would look awesome in the back of my small coupe, but the single BTL would be easier to build for.  The thought of 2 BTL's had crossed my mind too, but it would be tough for me to get them both the power they would need.  Any input on this would be appreciated.

plus i think the btl's like a lot more wattage

they are fine with 2k, not everyone has to run 4k-5k to them

Not every one has the $$ to throw 5K to one BTL or the electrical...What's that guys name that does that crazy shit?? I think his name is Steven or some thing anybody know that crazy fucks name?? ;)

Archived