blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...

thanks for answering those, really helpful. So now im thinking the kickers are out of the question.... half a dB louder for $300 more and less SQ...no way im doing that haha

i understand its impossible to give a dB number, I just want to know if i will be expecting 3x louder than my alpine setup, or a slightly louder boost (like 2 dB) <---3 times louder would be 15db, as every 10db sounds twice as loud to the ear. And every 3db is twice the acoustical energy, which can be gained with twice the amplifier power.

Now on another forum, I've been told to just upgrade the front battery (underhood) to a group 34 high quality battery (yellow top, kinetik, ect) and leave it at that....will what you suggested have the same affect (2 batteries, one underhood one in trunk), or would i be better off with 1 "legit" battery under the hood?<--- I would try it on the stock stuff, measure voltage drop at full tilt, if it's not stable, upgrade to a better battery, if it is still not stable (unlikely with the power you are planning for) put the stock battery in the front and have the new battery in the back. I couldn't say what battery to buy, cause I'm running off stock (110amp) alternator, and a pretty average battery (not stock cause the stock one died) on 3000 watts and I get some pretty bad dimmage but it only drops from 14.5 down to 13.5.

^hope this helps BTW, I'd go for 0g if I was you.

Edited by bassl0va

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

which battery are you lookin at ?

I know it has to be a group 34 battery....do you recommend anything?

And yes it did help bassslova. So do you think i would gain about 15 more dB? (by tripling power RMS rating)

F/s: 2 custom made boxes, for 1 12" and 2 12" hit me up I'll let em go cheap

And yes it did help bassslova. So do you think i would gain about 15 more dB? (by tripling power RMS rating)

You need 5 times more power for it to sound 3 times louder. 3 times the RMS will only increase by 6db. say you gave your alpine 3 times more power (if it didn't roast with the power) it would be 1.5 times louder. If you change subs to one with a lower sensitivity and keep the same power it will be quieter, change to one with a better sensitivity it will be louder.

You though are upgrading both. I don't know what the sensitivities are for AQ and the alpine, but lets say they are both 90db/1w/1m therefore in a box (they are probably measured in a sealed one) of the same size for both off 1w, they will theoretically be equal. but if you raise the power to the highest RMS for both, the AQ will be louder, as it can take 3 times more power. So in this theoretical sealed box that they are measured in, the alpine would do 117db, and the AQ 122db. This is in a crappy box with identical sensitivities. Therefore you should get at least 6db :good:

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

So you think that gain is good? or should i go even bigger if i can find a sweet deal on a AQ2200

If the 2200 has a higher sensitivity than the copper one, then go for it. Otherwise there will not be a super difference between the copper and the aluminum coil ones. 6db gain is great, if you built a new box, you might be able to get more.

If the 2200 has a higher sensitivity than the copper one, then go for it. Otherwise there will not be a super difference between the copper and the aluminum coil ones. 6db gain is great, if you built a new box, you might be able to get more.

So the 5-6 dB gain is worth the $400? or could the money get something even better?

F/s: 2 custom made boxes, for 1 12" and 2 12" hit me up I'll let em go cheap

So the 5-6 dB gain is worth the $400? or could the money get something even better?

It is a theoretical 5-6db gain. If you do it properly it could be more, if you do it wrong (or ghetto or whatever) you could have no gain. If you put it in the same box off the RMS that the sub is rated for, you should get about 6db of gain. Thats all just numbers though, it's different in the real world. I would expect 6db though. You could buy cheaper stuff and have more cone area etc but it would probably be worse because it's cheap stuff.

You could also build your box like thorshammer and his 10"s. build a box with sub and port forward and seal off the trunk, you would need to fold your seats down though. You could also build a bandpass (tricky to design, but there are some on here that can) and port through the rear deck, you wouldn't see your sub though (unless you put a perspex side on the box (not cheap to do).

I would say your best bet is to get the stuff you have planned for, and build a new box, or if your current box is already awesome, then just upgrade the sub and amp.