18 V charging system

what do i have to buy in order to get my charging system to a steady 18 volts, or even 16 for that matter. its for a 2001 cadillac deville DHS. i will buy whatever i have to i just want to know what i have to get. i will be doing the big 3 soon and hopefully getting a 300 amp alt. starting to build a system and want to start with the most imporant thing, electrical. any info and suggestions are very helpful. thanks

currently just running a JL 12W7 and RF BD 1001

soon to come

soundstream XXX 18

Memphis mojo MCD4KW

Big azz box in tha backseat

working out other details

soundstream.jpg

logo_mca.gif

First off, you'll need 16V batteries, a 16V capable alternator (either constant or variable), an external voltage regulator, and depending on your alternator setup, one or more step down modules.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

18 volts running a vehicle kinda dangerous. You can pop your car electrical systems. Is it possible but must be careful what you doing. You would need external regulator and customs alternator. Check the forum on the alternator and upgrade..

i plan on getting the 16 volt batteries. i figure ill have to get the MLA module. and the external regulator will be coming soon hopefully. if i cant do 18 then i would like at least 16 volts. i want some good voltage. i havent decided on the my system yet but i will work around that after i get the electrical done. thanks guys

currently just running a JL 12W7 and RF BD 1001

soon to come

soundstream XXX 18

Memphis mojo MCD4KW

Big azz box in tha backseat

working out other details

soundstream.jpg

logo_mca.gif

Archived