Deck Installation Help

Alright my cousin got a '02 Pontac Grand Am and he have the same deck as I do which is a Alpine CDA-9856 and he hasnt installed yet because its in his previous vehicle, but he gunna be putting it in his car but he says his car has the "monsoon system" or something, thats what he said. He said theres a amp in his trunk on back left wall behind the carpet to power his speakers..when we install his new deck do I bypass the amp and run all new speaker wires from the deck or do I run it with that amp some how? thanks

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

well do you want to run the speakers off the head unit, or the amp? also, the harness for that car is pretty pricey btw.

^^^exactly if you want it to run off the monsoon amp you have to buy the harness to make that work, if not run new wire to all of the speakers! I think the adapter harness is 75-100 bones....

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

I havent talked to him yet today he at work, but wouldnt you be better off to run it off the deck or is it worth the $100 for the adapter to have the amp power it, I read some of the reviews for the adapter on Crutchfield and it didnt get the best reviews....

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Me personally I bypass the factory amp and use the head units or put a seperate amp in. Always works better for me that way!

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Ok we were startin to mess with it tonight, but I need a color code on all the wires we couldnt really match any up and it was dark so yea...can someone please give me a a chart for it, its a 02 Pontiac Grand Am with the monsoon system but were bypassing it. thanks

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Archived