Sonic Electronix

What's up Audio Freaks?

I'm putting together a new system and I'm stuck on my power supply. I'm thinking about running (2) JL Audio 13w7s, Rockford Fosgate T40001bd, a Rockford Fosgate T8004 for highs and mids, Irragi's HO Alt 250amp, AudioControl Crossover & Epicenter. I'm not sure if to go with (2) XS d3100s, (2) BatCap 4000s, (1) BatCap 8400, or (2) XS d2400s? And I'm not sure what to run under the hood. I've been told to stay away from yellow and red tops.

Any suggestions? Oh, and please no comments on my choice of subs, I've been bashed and praised for my choice.

What's up Audio Freaks?

I'm putting together a new system and I'm stuck on my power supply. I'm thinking about running (2) JL Audio 13w7s, Rockford Fosgate T40001bd, a Rockford Fosgate T8004 for highs and mids, Irragi's HO Alt 250amp, AudioControl Crossover & Epicenter. I'm not sure if to go with (2) XS d3100s, (2) BatCap 4000s, (1) BatCap 8400, or (2) XS d2400s? And I'm not sure what to run under the hood. I've been told to stay away from yellow and red tops.

Any suggestions? Oh, and please no comments on my choice of subs, I've been bashed and praised for my choice.

no comments on your subs? then i won't comment at all..

that is all.

who told you to stay away from yellow tops? theyre deep cycle which is what you want for car audio. not saying you should buy them instead of the XS batts but still...

a single 250 amp alt for 5kw worth of power? thats not enough IMHO.

RE XXX's > W7's btw, even though you said not to. you were probably praised by guys that only run JL because they think they are the best woofars on the market and will be forever.

Rockford amps are very reliable, i have a T20001 and it wangs the hell out of BTL 18 (in my opinion). never had an issue with a rockford amp. I think if i ever get tired of my system now, that i will give sundown audio a try, i hear alot of great things about their amps.

Build in progress:

Kenwood DNX890HD

Rockford Fosgate White wolf RCA's

2 Rockford Fosgate T400.4 on RF fanatic q components (6.5 in the kick, 6.5 in the front doors, 5.25 in rear doors)
2 Rockford Fosgate T2500's on sub

1 Fi car audio Team 15 D1

XS Power D3400 and three D975's in the rear

Mechman Elite 370

Stinger power connections and cable

RockFord_Fosgate-1-1.png

What's up Audio Freaks?

That sucks. Anyway, eveything else looks nice. I would definately do XS over Batcap, Batcap is nice but pretty pricey. And I know XS to deliver what you paid for. Two XS D3100s, do it. And reconsider the subs too. Praised by nubes brainwashed by shops, bashed by true audio enthusiasts that have more knowledge then red to red, black to black. Good luck. Must be a lot of new guys joining the site cause I see JL more and more lately.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

Whats the bet that he will never build it?

it was his 1st post...of course he'll build it

If Morgan Freeman narrated a story on how great AIDS is, I would be captivated and tempted to contract it myself. His voice just fills my soul with warm fuzzies and puppy tears.

He has NO idea and may have a touch of autism to be honest.

Is this guy real or is he joking? i actually mistook him for a lesbian in that demo video

Wanted to mess around with a box for the garage. Was thinking 4 6x9 in 4 cube at like 30 hz...

These are the things that make me lol

who told you to stay away from yellow tops? theyre deep cycle which is what you want for car audio. not saying you should buy them instead of the XS batts but still...

a single 250 amp alt for 5kw worth of power? thats not enough IMHO.

RE XXX's > W7's btw, even though you said not to. you were probably praised by guys that only run JL because they think they are the best woofars on the market and will be forever.

A few people said they had some bad experiences with them. Thanks for the input. It's that around where I'm from batcap is the hottest battery at the moment.

Archived