Sonic Electronix

Okay so i was looking on eBay for boxes and well, most people said they wont be good most likely..but i found this one, its made with:

HEAVY DUTY 3/4" HIGH DENSITY MDF wood

thats ually what people build them with, so i thought maybe this one is good??

heres the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-ATREND-DUAL-12-MDF-VENTED-PORTED-SUB-BOX-ENCLOSURE_W0QQitemZ350332087010QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item51916b6ae2#ht_3900wt_996

its going to be for 2 12 inch hdc3 subs

The atrend site has some good boxes to get, check and see locally if they can order you one at a decent price. They have a coated spl box SPL-12DV that i think is ported to around 38hz, the closest i was able to find from an online store was the 10" for $140.00 so you might want to check and see if you can order one close to you.

http://74.53.76.202/~atrendus/images/products/atrend/SPL-12DV.html

http://www.atrendusa.com/

EDIT: Again it comes down to the amount of space you have available to you.

Edited by Skullz

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

The atrend site has some good boxes to get, check and see locally if they can order you one at a decent price. They have a coated spl box SPL-12DV that i think is ported to around 38hz, the closest i was able to find from an online store was the 10" for $140.00 so you might want to check and see if you can order one close to you.

http://74.53.76.202/~atrendus/images/products/atrend/SPL-12DV.html

http://www.atrendusa.com/

EDIT: Again it comes down to the amount of space you have available to you.

Thank you for the link, i am looking at the spl boxes, how much room would i need? Like how much port room etc.

IHMO i would check with some local shops to see what they would charge to build one, it dosen't look like a bad box, but that is one of those things you kinda need to see in person, because the wood that they are made of can be really cheap and brittle. Also (by the way im not bashing carpeted boxes) you can cover alot of imperfections with carpet, so if the panels aren't exactly straight it could leak but you wouldnt be able to tell by looking at pics because of the carpet. I am just wondering why you don't just build one? It would cost you around the same but you know that the work was done well. again just my two cents

another thing if you are going to buy a prefab I would take these guys advice on where to get it.

bro do you really have to make a 2nd thread? just do what i told you and leave it at that. dont get ebay shit period. i told you practically EVERYTHING you need to know to basically start your own box. i told you what tools, and what info WE REQUIRED so your box can fit the woofers requirements.

Well i've never built a box :P and i honestly have NO clue what im doing....

I didnt even know these were prefab

>.<

blah this is hard to decide what im going to do...

kranny: i've never built a box....and im not sure what to DOOOOO do i make a rectangle and put 2 holes?? seriously im not trying to get an atitude lol i just honestly am lost..

Edited by milly

Well i've never built a box :P and i honestly have NO clue what im doing....

I didnt even know these were prefab

>.<

blah this is hard to decide what im going to do...

kranny: i've never built a box....and im not sure what to DOOOOO do i make a rectangle and put 2 holes?? seriously im not trying to get an atitude lol i just honestly am lost..

prefab means buying a box as opposed to building one so any box that you just go buy would be a prefab. lol

but based on that sentence just buy the one on ebay because you probably shouldnt handle power tools

j/k lol

Edited by devil4u2c

prefab means buying a box as opposed to building one so any box that you just go buy would be a prefab. lol

but based on that sentence just buy the one on ebay lol

lol...that showed the world how nooby i am!

anyways, i want a box that is going to get low and loud.

I have a feeling whenever i buy on eBay that its going to F.A.I.L....will i?

edit: i'll build my own box the second time around, but the first time..im buyingone.

Edited by milly