Sonic Electronix

just got a new optima batt. is this supposed to happen??

Not necessarily. The 4Ks need AT LEAST 12 at the amp. They will usually pop under it (in my case anyways).

So it started when it rained then? I must have missed that. Have you pulled the door panel to check for shorts? Either way, the stock fuses should have taken care of that..

Throw an ammeter on your battery to check for draws after the car is off. You should probably have the alt load tested after charging your battery completely (trickle over night) also.

Those would be my next steps.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

put it on a charger. its probably been sitting there for a year.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

UPDATE just had 6 hour charge from les schwab. put it in my car not too long after.. here is a vid.. PLEASE SOMEONE HAS TO KNOW!! lol..i cant figure this out.. also could this all happen due to my electrical? if so what could be damaged?? here is a link to the vid. thanks!!

http://www.youtube.com/irisstblhotty#p/u/6/cLFKb25RrS0

260 iraggi alt

Yellow Top for the front

1 18" Solo x

1 Memphis Mojo 16-MCD4KW (4000wrms)

All 1/0 Wiring

2 250 Amp Circuit Breakers

BIG 3 1/0

1 Mits. 3000GT

It's probably flat as hell. Give it a few hours on your alt. If it's reading low/less, your alt is probably bad.

that could be a possibility but i had my alt tested and they say its working.. :/

260 iraggi alt

Yellow Top for the front

1 18" Solo x

All 1/0 Wiring

BIG 3 1/0

1 Mits. 3000GT

that could be a possibility but i had my alt tested and they say its working.. :/

Did you get a DMM? is the reading from your Volt meter you installed or stock meter or DMM? I would double/triple check your wires for the big 3, make sure they are all properly connected and no damage. Sounds weird. Get your car running and disconnect the battery. If it dies your alt is going or gone.

Did your old batt go? thought you were going with the HO alt next?

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

6 cubes 8" aero port at 32hrtz

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183798-chrysler-300c-8-build/?p=2731834#entry2731834

UPDATE...took my uncle with me and we ended up (after much hassle) getting another battery..this time i had them exchange for a YELLOWTOP. my volts are reading higher now.. but just a q out of topic..i know ive said this before but just want to see if anyone could clear this up for me..everytime i turn my blinker on my volt on the dash shoots way down then back up..was this possibly from my audio system doing damage to my car? (it does this without my audio system hooked up)

260 iraggi alt

Yellow Top for the front

1 18" Solo x

All 1/0 Wiring

BIG 3 1/0

1 Mits. 3000GT

UPDATE...took my uncle with me and we ended up (after much hassle) getting another battery..this time i had them exchange for a YELLOWTOP. my volts are reading higher now.. but just a q out of topic..i know ive said this before but just want to see if anyone could clear this up for me..everytime i turn my blinker on my volt on the dash shoots way down then back up..was this possibly from my audio system doing damage to my car? (it does this without my audio system hooked up)

because its may be a new batt but use a dmm on it when running the test they do is not good

27866_126387594040731_126377114041779_310525_4509962_n-1.jpgsundown_audio_logo-1.jpg

Archived