Sonic Electronix

just got a new optima batt. is this supposed to happen??

got from autozone JUST NOW. its brand new w 3 year warranty..just plugged it in and my volt meter is running at 12.2 instead of 14. does the battery have to be driven for a little bit to get it warmed up or something? because with my old walmart battery i got 13.?? volts..now just getting 12.2 :( tell me good news please!! thanks

260 iraggi alt

Yellow Top for the front

1 18" Solo x

1 Memphis Mojo 16-MCD4KW (4000wrms)

All 1/0 Wiring

2 250 Amp Circuit Breakers

BIG 3 1/0

1 Mits. 3000GT

Well if you bought it JUST NOW, then take it back in there and tell them it's bogus.

EDIT: I wouldn't have even wasted my time posting before trying to swap it.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

might just need a solid charge

2002 civic

2- 12in dc lvl5s

1- crescendo 3kwp ( 1 more on the way)

1- stock honda alt

4-xs d3100s

3-asa300.2 amps

6- PB 4XL's

4-PB l-3h tweets

and a bunch of other sh!t

the build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/74044-project-will-it-fit/

Youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/slammedblackbish

alright just came back from there..the guy tested the battery and said its reading 12 volt..when we went out to the car the batt was still reading 12v and when the car started it read at 11.9. (when i was driving it read 11.9. is this from the alternator then? i dont understand.. he is my only guess..the other day it rained badly..well the little rain protector on the bottom of the window (on the door) is broke..could it be that rrain got inside my door and messed up my electrical? im confused..and i cant use my system at all :( someone please help!!

260 iraggi alt

Yellow Top for the front

1 18" Solo x

All 1/0 Wiring

BIG 3 1/0

1 Mits. 3000GT

im pretty sure the rain would make it go wayyy down

not just a volt or two

Huh?

OP: I see you're running a Memphis 4KW. What is your other electrical like? Other batteries and alternator? Those amps don't like low voltage and they'll tear up your electrical or blow itself with abuse.

I had a bad episode with five cooked batteries, messed up alternator, and blown power supply using 4KWs. It took a lot to bring it all up to run them sufficiently.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Huh?

OP: I see you're running a Memphis 4KW. What is your other electrical like? Other batteries and alternator? Those amps don't like low voltage and they'll tear up your electrical or blow itself with abuse.

I had a bad episode with five cooked batteries, messed up alternator, and blown power supply using 4KWs. It took a lot to bring it all up to run them sufficiently.

well i am just running stock alternator..have 1/0g wiring everywhere..big 3 done..and a little 600 kinetic(i know VERY small) i make sure even when i have the bass on that my volts stay above 12v. so i dont see why it would harm anything..all i know is wheh it rained the other day that night my car wouldnt start...batt was dead..and now when i replaced it my volts are wayy too low :/ would anything get messed up even if i was watching my voltage and staying about 12? thanks!!

260 iraggi alt

Yellow Top for the front

1 18" Solo x

All 1/0 Wiring

BIG 3 1/0

1 Mits. 3000GT

Archived