DC Sound Lab

12" Level 3 in Glove box Build

Thanks for all the positive replies guys, i wont let you down. i will some videos/put it on the term lab when im done. I am expecting a lot of dash rattle when this is complete but i will take a day or two and try to rid of them all somehow.

MIKE BAILS :clapping:

Cool to see you are actually getting this done for my show. :drink40: Once the RHS is in we can do the inside of that enclosure with it and stiffen it up real good.

Hey Claymond, i should definatly have it done by your show. what is this RHS poduct you are talking about?

as for keeping the glove box functional... here are my options. At the moment this box is right around 1.5 cubes, which of course is too large for the lvl 3 sealed. however if i were to keep the functionality of the glove box it would probably cut the volume down around 1 cube or so. However, i do not want to go sealed. option b is to go ported of course. 1.5 cubes is perfect for ported however in order to do so i only really have one option. i must run the port as such in the photo below. There is sufficient room behind the pole vent and 4" between the face of the flare and the box wall. It may look a little silly but this is about all i can do with what i have. But to answer your question, regardless what it will look like a stock glove box from the outside, its functionality is unknown yet.

P4140373.jpg

P4140374.jpg

P4140375.jpg

As you can see it will vent directly our the stock speaker grill, which happens to be exactly 4" wide. of course the optimal situation would be to downfire the port on the same plane as the sub but unfortunately i do not believe it will work.

Ideas? Opinions?

i will start glassing the rest of this thing in the morning, will be updates tomorrow night

Edited by mikey060

damn looking good bails

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

plexi for the front??? It would be pretty cool to have someone open the glove box an see a sub and port! lol

Build log: Click

03 Chevy Blazer

- IPad Air 2 

- ALPINE Head Unit

- 4 DC XL 18s

- 2 DC 3.5k

- ALPINE TYPE R 5.25 COMP

- 3 ALPINE TYPE R 6.5 COMPs

- DC 175.4

- DC HO Alt

- D3400

- 4 XP3000s

- KNU 0ga

- 60 SqFt Damp Pro

Lots more...

fucking nice way to get a ported box for a 12 with out killing the back seat. what are you going to do to protect that pretty sub? :popcorn:

I wish every body had beat so I wouldnt have to turn my shit down. Fosgate for life running there shit since I was 16 going on 15 years strong. Not stopping any time soon.

that's deff unique dude, gunna be a cool show too, never seen that before

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

damn dude...at first i thought it was going to fire out of the glove box door..but this is sick.

im lovin the design of the port as well. clever indeed.

4 - 15 Sundown Z v.2 @ 35Hz

2 - AP3000D

2 - RF Power Punch 6.5 Comps

2 - RF Power Power

1 - Kinetic KHC2000

3 - Kinetic KHC2400

Iraggi 300A

Knu Wiring

thanks for the ups, it should be entertaining. hopefully it doesnt sound like complete ass :)

plexi for the front??? It would be pretty cool to have someone open the glove box an see a sub and port! lol

This is defiantly something i have been considering, im going to look into it. it would be pretty cool

fucking nice way to get a ported box for a 12 with out killing the back seat. what are you going to do to protect that pretty sub? :popcorn:

yea i had two goals for this build, first is to maintain my cab space and second is to keep everything as hidden as possible. I will be getting a grill of somesort, probably one of the alpine ones. or i might just build one myself out of some mesh material. whatever i use i want it too be very fine to keep all the mud and such out of there