Sonic Electronix

Hey guys

Have been having a few issues with my first set-up and like allways with first installs theres glitches. My first question, i have dual batteries, one in the engine bay and one to the boot, there is no solonoid between them. I have a standard alternator and am running a Rockford fosgate T2500-1bd and have had a a few subs, (now blown up) i have no sub running. So i used to have a fuse holder in the front (60A) and would pop fuses every 2 mins if that and was only running a Rockford T1, is there anohter alternative that i can use because fuse holders are rubbish. How many amps does a rockford amp pull and when do they fail? what should i have between the second battery and my amp?

Cheers.

Hey guys

Have been having a few issues with my first set-up and like allways with first installs theres glitches. My first question, i have dual batteries, one in the engine bay and one to the boot, there is no solonoid between them. I have a standard alternator and am running a Rockford fosgate T2500-1bd and have had a a few subs, (now blown up) i have no sub running. So i used to have a fuse holder in the front (60A) and would pop fuses every 2 mins if that and was only running a Rockford T1, is there anohter alternative that i can use because fuse holders are rubbish. How many amps does a rockford amp pull and when do they fail? what should i have between the second battery and my amp?

Cheers.

Do you understand the basics of how a fuse works? It's there to break the connection between two things (front and back battery, back battery and amp) in case an excessive amount of power is being pushed through the wire so that your wire won't catch on fire. Let's assume your T2.5k is *only* doing 2.5k @ 14.4 volts. This would mean your amp is putting OUT around 173 amps of power, and probably taking in at least 200 amps. That 60 amp fuse is blowing because your draw is exceeding the fuse rating. Assuming you're running 1/0 throughout, I would say get a 1/0 fuse holder and run a 250 amp fuse. On the run from front to back, you need 2 fuse holders. Each one will be placed within 18" of each battery. Also fuse from your back battery to your amp and match that as closely as possible to your amps fuse rating.

Do you understand the basics of how a fuse works? It's there to break the connection between two things (front and back battery, back battery and amp) in case an excessive amount of power is being pushed through the wire so that your wire won't catch on fire. Let's assume your T2.5k is *only* doing 2.5k @ 14.4 volts. This would mean your amp is putting OUT around 173 amps of power, and probably taking in at least 200 amps. That 60 amp fuse is blowing because your draw is exceeding the fuse rating. Assuming you're running 1/0 throughout, I would say get a 1/0 fuse holder and run a 250 amp fuse. On the run from front to back, you need 2 fuse holders. Each one will be placed within 18" of each battery. Also fuse from your back battery to your amp and match that as closely as possible to your amps fuse rating.

That expains alot, cheers will go buy some 0/1 G cable, everything is in 4 guage except from the rear battery to the amp which is 0 G.

That expains alot, cheers will go buy some 0/1 G cable, everything is in 4 guage except from the rear battery to the amp which is 0 G.

Just remember, your electrical system is only as good as it's weakest link. Make sure to do your Big 3 in 1/0, as well as connecting all batteries in 1/0. Like I said fuse everything, you'll need at least 3, 4 would be best so you can fuse your alternator as well. GL with the system.

Just remember, your electrical system is only as good as it's weakest link. Make sure to do your Big 3 in 1/0, as well as connecting all batteries in 1/0. Like I said fuse everything, you'll need at least 3, 4 would be best so you can fuse your alternator as well. GL with the system.

Thanks, can i use Circuit breakers instead? because i will have to buy replacement fuses from ebay if they pop and also the fuse holder.

just use fuses

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

Thanks, can i use Circuit breakers instead? because i will have to buy replacement fuses from ebay if they pop and also the fuse holder.

I guess if you wanted to you could, but you can probably get a 10 pack of fuses off ebay for like $15, and depending on where you order the fuse holders from they'll probably come with a fuse. The thing is, you aren't supposed to be blowing fuses. They're there in case something goes wrong, like your power run from front to back gets cut in half and touches the chassis and grounding out your system. That's when the fuse comes in handy, if you do everything correctly you'll probably never pop a fuse. I'm going on 1+ year with my system and not a single instance.

wut made u put a 60 amp fuse on a t-2.5k?

in the book is say it need a 300 amp fuse with 1/0 power and ground

edit

im not tryin 2 be a dick...just wanted 2 know

Edited by 01zx3

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.