3 18's Ported Box In A 1995 Deville...

what exactly do you mean???

can you explain more.. cuz im intrested what your sayin if imma get more bump in the cab..

I mean that a cadillac does not have rear seats that fold down, and the rear seats are very thick. Your looking at 6+ inches of foam for the air to move through to enter the cars cabin from the trunk. Also if you where to remove the top part of your rear seat, or look behind the carpet in your trunk on the otherside of the top half of your rear seat you will notice alot more obsticales that are more less obstructing the air flow, such as possibly stock amp for bose if you have it, passcode or whatever module for your ignition, air ride suspension computer. Just other random things that needed to be stored someplace.

I have 3000 watts going to one 12, and it didnt even sound like 1000 watts for the simple fact that the air movement was confined to the trunk. All I could feel was the bass but I couldnt hear it to where it starts hurting your ears. So I cut out the rear deck (its the back platform below your rear window, usally your 6x9s are mounted there). I cut out a big hole about 3 feet wide by 1.5 deep so the air could flow from my trunk into the cabin of my car. Steve also did this with his honda at first and built a nice cover to go over the hole. But looking at your build it looks like with that huge box there wont be too much air movement from the trunk to the cabin even with a cut out. Best of luck to you tho I hope your pleased with it.

Ill also take a few pics of what I mean by a cut out tomorrow when its light outside.

I mean that a cadillac does not have rear seats that fold down, and the rear seats are very thick. Your looking at 6+ inches of foam for the air to move through to enter the cars cabin from the trunk. Also if you where to remove the top part of your rear seat, or look behind the carpet in your trunk on the otherside of the top half of your rear seat you will notice alot more obsticales that are more less obstructing the air flow, such as possibly stock amp for bose if you have it, passcode or whatever module for your ignition, air ride suspension computer. Just other random things that needed to be stored someplace.

I have 3000 watts going to one 12, and it didnt even sound like 1000 watts for the simple fact that the air movement was confined to the trunk. All I could feel was the bass but I couldnt hear it to where it starts hurting your ears. So I cut out the rear deck (its the back platform below your rear window, usally your 6x9s are mounted there). I cut out a big hole about 3 feet wide by 1.5 deep so the air could flow from my trunk into the cabin of my car. Steve also did this with his honda at first and built a nice cover to go over the hole. But looking at your build it looks like with that huge box there wont be too much air movement from the trunk to the cabin even with a cut out. Best of luck to you tho I hope your pleased with it.

Ill also take a few pics of what I mean by a cut out tomorrow when its light outside.

yeah i know what you mean....i took out my 6x9s too and the cover of the inside of the bacl take... i sounds crazy...the bass is crazy inside but i have to wait to get my bigger fuse to max it out.. im not even runnin it half gain...

here are some pics of the rear deck. there not the best, but it works for an idea.

This is just to give you an idea, and if your like me and dont car about cutting into your car to inhance the bass go nuts. Ill probolly end up making the cut out even bigger.

looking up at the rear deck from inside the trunk.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The misc computers and electronics hidden behind the rear seat which blocks air flow into the cabin from the trunk.

Posted Image

Just an idea of how thick the rear seat is with the armrest down.

Posted Image

The rear deck from inside the car. I placed a giant piece of leather that matched the rest of the leather interior, and glued it to the stock board that had the carpet on it. Right now the piece of leather is just free floating over the big hole so when you turn the stereo up it moves which is fun to watch, it probolly could be streched tighter and reglued again or something, but i aint worried about it right now.

Posted Image

I need a new I love rap bumber sticker!!

Posted Image

you could sell of the 18"s and get 15"s. heres my buddies lac deville with 2 fusion powerplant 15"s 2 2000.1 fusion amps, 1 1600.4 800 kinetik battery, eq, ported ect ect real wood box front and amp rack

sorry for poor quality as i didnt have my digi camera

Posted Image

the car pounds seriously. really really hrd yet it sounds good too. its all stock to, no deck cut all original pretty much and the bass gets through fine

actually we demoed it for this guy who said fusion was junk and he didnt sit in the car for more than a minute before he said it was too loud and actually apolagized

ok.. i have the amp adjusted pretty well... its seriously pounds really hard...but on amp is an adjuster knob that says bass boost and you can adjust it between 0 and 180....then theres a switch that can either be on 0 or 180..so iim figured they are related?? where is the right place for them to be to have the most bass output???/ thanks..

Archived