15" MT in the trunk of a Maxima... Vid now up

Trying to fit a 15" sub into the trunk of a 94 Maxima is no easy task. Ended of going sub up and port back on driver side. I would have loved to do sub forward port forward, but I really didn't want to build the box in trunk. I have the skills and the ability to do it, but I didn't want to go through that hassle right now.

Here is what was in here before

2 12" shallow mount pioneers on a Sundown SAE 1200. It did a 135.5 at 41 hz.

IMG_0465.jpg

now here comes the fun part

IMG_0590.jpg

IMG_0589.jpg

IMG_0587.jpg

Edited by Blue

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

IMG_0587.jpg

Tool of choice

IMG_0592.jpg

Saw dust got every where. Sorry dad

IMG_0593.jpg

IMG_0597.jpg

IMG_0594.jpg

IMG_0596.jpg

IMG_0603.jpg

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

IMG_0604.jpg

IMG_0606.jpg

Here is a quick vid also

http://www.youtube.com/user/guitar1111111

IMG_0608.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

IMG_0610.jpg

IMG_0611.jpg

IMG_0614.jpg

IMG_0615.jpg

Put some resin on the piece due to the holes being there to be able to secure it without cracking the wood. Made it nice and smooth.

IMG_0616.jpg

this sux camel dicks

IMG_0617.jpg

Nice clean cuts, just like a real box is supposed to be.

IMG_0618.jpg

All painted and installed into the trunk with the sub

IMG_0622.jpg

Using bolts and wing nuts as speaker terminals. Much easier to be able to switch up the ohms loads if need be

IMG_0624.jpg

Didn't get a picture of it, but the sundown amp is on top of the box above the port.

Here is the back where the mids and highs amp is. Powerbass asa 400.4 running a pair of Powerbass 3xl's.

IMG_0625.jpg

IMG_0598.jpg

The pods are not the greatest. I know that. But they get the job done for now. Getting a new car by the end of the month most likely.

Tell me what you think, good or bad. Thanks for looking. Vids in the next few days.

this sux camel dicks

you needs a brad nailer for christmas

Want to donate one?

Jk

Yes I do, or I need to get off my lazy ass and get one. Would have made my job a lot easier.

this sux camel dicks

I'll try and get a vid tomorrow. I have work from 11 to 7ish tomorrow night. So if I am able to get one, it will need to be in the morning, and I am not a morning person. I'll see if I can get some demos tomorrow also.

this sux camel dicks