Sonic Electronix

if you added woofers to the same amplifier, you changed the ohm load. which in turn can cause you to lose power if you wire it all fucked up, or even normally. dont touch bassboost (keep on 0/off) and follow that picture guide.

if you added woofers to the same amplifier, you changed the ohm load. which in turn can cause you to lose power if you wire it all fucked up, or even normally. dont touch bassboost (keep on 0/off) and follow that picture guide.

ok so how do i determine the watts by the amp or by the subwoofers in total. i have it wired at a 2.67ohm load to a 2 channel amp rated at 1080rms bridged, the subs are 800rms but overrated more like 600rms or 400rms.

you took the amp from wired at 1 ohm to 2.67 and spread out the power from the amp from 2 to 3 now, so thats why it got quieter.. you can invest in a bigger amp that does more at 2 ohms and prob have a better chance with getting louder with that

edit

i believe they are all D4s

Edited by Army_guy614

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Okay heres how this will go. Name the Kind of amp and Subs you are using State what Ohm they are such as Dual 2 ohm or dual 4 maybe Single 2 or single 4 then ill help from there,

power acoustik silver edition sl-2400 at 1080rms, 3 power acoustik fubar 12 w 800rms dual 4 ohm

Change the amp to a hifonics 1610 and it will be a lot louder.(but still it would be better to just use 2 if they are louder.)

PA amps are overrated (by a lot), the hifonics will put up the wattage if it has enough voltage.

Edited by kirill007

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

you took the amp from wired at 1 ohm to 2.67 and spread out the power from the amp from 2 to 3 now, so thats why it got quieter.. you can invest in a bigger amp that does more at 2 ohms and prob have a better chance with getting louder with that

edit

i believe they are all D4s

well my amp isnt a mono block its a 2channel, it was wire at 2ohm load.