Sundown Audio

How Many Watts Will I Need To Run 8 12 Inch Jl Audio W7's?

sam48879

also sam not to be rude but if your doing such a large project shouldnt you know what power you need and what amps you should have. i wanna see some pics of the hearse and the subs before i can call this a full legit project. im not trying to be a dick but theres a lot of bullshitters and im tired of seeing the talk but no action.

x2 :lol:

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

12s are 3 ohm, but 13.5s are 1.5

2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Black with Black 20s

Tuscani Smoked Headlights

Carbon Fiber vinyl seats

Carbon Fiber Inserts on Doors

Alpine D-310

Alpine Type X 6 1/2 in fiberglass pods in doors

Type X 5 1/4 in fiberglass pods in rear pods

Rockford 800.2 for door speakers

2 JL 12" W7s in hatch in painted fiberglass enclosure

Oval port

Carbon fiber inserts

Rockford 2000 for subs

Rockford capacitor and rockford distribution blocks fiberglassed behing backseat with plexiglass covering

*Coming Soon*

Painted Fiberglass roof

2 Alpine 7" monitors motorized from above visors

Headrest monitors

Body kit

Complete Body Shave

Okay I dont have any pictures of my hearse I havent purchased any subs yet i am trying to decide on what i want to install And how i want to install it i have a box for 8 12's Already built in it is a sealed enclosure And i dont think i want that either but i am for sure going to run 8 12's ... Far as people bullshittin whatever i guess im not on here to impress anyone i am sure most of you have way more money than i'll ever have with bmw's and tahoes and escalades i drive a 92 hearse mmk lol if i was just trying to bullshit about something i'd tell people i have dead people in the back of my car i'm here for the same reason all of us come to this site for the love of car audio the reason i am asking ?'s is to find out whats good what to run how to do it no one just jumps in head first not knowing how to do shit right? ... Would i get just as loud with 4 18" subs? vs 8 12" subs?

Lmao...Funny...read the 1st post and kinda doubted the whole thing...Read down and read the replies and started laughing...any ways like previously said... If your going to run 8 W7s you should know what kinda power your dealing with, if not then don't do it...Not to mention it's extremely expensive.

Okay I dont have any pictures of my hearse I havent purchased any subs yet i am trying to decide on what i want to install And how i want to install it i have a box for 8 12's Already built in it is a sealed enclosure And i dont think i want that either but i am for sure going to run 8 12's ... Far as people bullshittin whatever i guess im not on here to impress anyone i am sure most of you have way more money than i'll ever have with bmw's and tahoes and escalades i drive a 92 hearse mmk lol if i was just trying to bullshit about something i'd tell people i have dead people in the back of my car i'm here for the same reason all of us come to this site for the love of car audio the reason i am asking ?'s is to find out whats good what to run how to do it no one just jumps in head first not knowing how to do shit right? ... Would i get just as loud with 4 18" subs? vs 8 12" subs?

ummm...no. i drive a 92accord that gets fairly loud. hell assman has an older dually and a focus, nothing expensive there. most of us have just saved up (or gone into minor/major credit card debt..lol) to get fairly decent equipment for our average cars. but if are takin on this size of a project then u should know whether or not 4 18s are louder than 8 12s and u should know what size amp to get for the subs. i am not saying i nesecarily doubt u...i just think u may be gettin in over your head. there have been quite a few people come on here saying they are gonna be doing ridiculous stuff when its only a lie...so we are just kinda weary on this kinda thing...

i likes me some audio stuff...