Sonic Electronix

need help ASAP f*cking HU wont turn on im so pissed

Any time there is smoke coming from your deck, that's it. It's internally shorted which could explain the fuse under the hood blowing if it's the same circuit.

If it worked for months, then I doubt it was installer error as it was internal. Surprised the in line fuse didn't pop first...

Either way, just buy a new head unit. Nobody will warranty the unit since it was purchased privately.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

So you think it was shorted internally.....? Im guessing there is no way of fixing this?

Damn, i would hate to buy a new HU being that i dropped $300 in this 2 months ago, and i cant afford one this nice again :( ima miss having DVD and stuff.... :(

oh well shit happens.

anyone recommend any good but super cheap head units for >$150 (preferably)

and most importantly, how can i prevent this from happening again?

EDIT: I've always liked Alpine, how about this one? (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-ALPINE-CDA-105-CD-MP3-WMA-iPOD-USB-CAR-RECEIVER_W0QQitemZ220580899408QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Audio_Video?hash=item335ba56a50)

let me know before auction ends.

i can also get it cheaper used, is it worth buying used or should i just buy new to avoid having the same problem twice.

F/s: 2 custom made boxes, for 1 12" and 2 12" hit me up I'll let em go cheap

car- honda civic 2007

HU- kenwood kvt512

idk how its done it looks really profesionnal like where the 2 connections meet up theres like plastic hooking up the little wieres (like 20 of them)

HOLY FUCK!!!! now the power locks dont work, or the car unlocker/locker on the actual key

something is seriously fucked up and warantee aint covering it FUCKKK im out so much cash

EDIT: there is no fuse around or near the HU,..unless its built in idk

who installed it

me but it was straight foward and i am somewhat mechanically inclinded....its been working fine for months

Im kind of confused, you came off like you didn't install it.

i bought the HU used, so that the harness was as simple as plug and play....i did install it into the car, but the old owner of the HU hooked up all the necessary wires so that the new owner just plugs it in and doesn't have to deal with sodering and stuff.

F/s: 2 custom made boxes, for 1 12" and 2 12" hit me up I'll let em go cheap

Archived