l DaChOsEnOnE l Posted April 17, 2010 Report Posted April 17, 2010 So im pretty new to car audio and the other day I was at a car show and I was shocked to hear how loud clear and crisp this one guys highs were. I could hear the song as if i was in the car, all the words came through clear so my question is what is needed to obtain something like this. Im not sure if its best for a mix of components and coaxials or maybe just 2 sets of components one for the front doors and one for the rears..Any insight would be appriciated
memphisBred Posted April 17, 2010 Report Posted April 17, 2010 Starting out I would get a good set of front components up front(6.5") with a tweeter(not 100% necessary, but most will agree that Tweeters increase your listening enjoyment and SQ) for each. Have a good amp to power them. Some good brands for components would be Rainbow, Focal, CDT, Image Dynamics, etc. I like Sundown Amps, personally, especially to power my components. Had a 50.4, now I am going to be getting the 125.2 for my AA mids. I recommend going to shops and listening around, researching, and making sure you get what YOU want. SMD Super Seller/Buyer Audison----Hertz----Rainbow
kmalinich Posted April 17, 2010 Report Posted April 17, 2010 rainbow comps are really spectacular if you can afford it
l DaChOsEnOnE l Posted April 18, 2010 Author Report Posted April 18, 2010 I happened to see the guy from the car show again and spoke to him he said he was running a PA mid/Bullet tweeter combo he told me to checkin into a few brands, being dayton, eminence, selenium, 02 audio and Beyma(not sure of spelling) how do these differ from regular components and coaxials? Also he was messing with the sounds using a pioneer deq 9200 some graphic eq
TheSundownFire Posted April 20, 2010 Report Posted April 20, 2010 rainbow comps are really spectacular if you can afford it They actually are quite affordable. Just gotta know where to get them. I got mine for $260 shipped. But thats cause the ones I was going to get were on back order so he gave me an upgrade for the same price as the lower level ones. 1999 Pontiac Sunfire Alpine CDA-9886 Sundown Audio SAZ-1000D Sundown Audio SAX-50.4 Rainbow SAC 265.25 Components Image Dynamics iD12 Optima Yellow Top SQFire FTW.
fischy fisch Posted April 20, 2010 Report Posted April 20, 2010 I happened to see the guy from the car show again and spoke to him he said he was running a PA mid/Bullet tweeter combo he told me to checkin into a few brands, being dayton, eminence, selenium, 02 audio and Beyma(not sure of spelling) how do these differ from regular components and coaxials? Also he was messing with the sounds using a pioneer deq 9200 some graphic eq if im correct all the ones you posted are used in pro audio for like theaters and stuff and they get extreamly loud but as far as sounds quailty listen to memphisBred on the brands cause he posted some of the best out there lol. but i haven't and i don't plan on it. plus i'd probably miss and hit her belly button or her ear or something. lol.
TheSundownFire Posted April 20, 2010 Report Posted April 20, 2010 Forgot to mention that the install plays a lot in the sounds. Install the speakers in a bad spot or poorly and theyll still wound like crap. Theres more that goes into sounding amazing than just buying better speakers. 1999 Pontiac Sunfire Alpine CDA-9886 Sundown Audio SAZ-1000D Sundown Audio SAX-50.4 Rainbow SAC 265.25 Components Image Dynamics iD12 Optima Yellow Top SQFire FTW.
memphisBred Posted April 20, 2010 Report Posted April 20, 2010 Don't slam the 6.5"s in the 5x7" factory slot either. Just an example. Take the time to make a plate out of wood to fit your comps. Don't be lazy like I used to be. I always have liked the sound when a plate is in between the metal and comp. If you have the time/skill/patience to angle them and fiberglass(not necessary to have a good sound), you definitely won't regret it. SMD Super Seller/Buyer Audison----Hertz----Rainbow
TheSundownFire Posted April 20, 2010 Report Posted April 20, 2010 The baffle is definitely necessary or your speaker is going to act like free air and sound like shit. 1999 Pontiac Sunfire Alpine CDA-9886 Sundown Audio SAZ-1000D Sundown Audio SAX-50.4 Rainbow SAC 265.25 Components Image Dynamics iD12 Optima Yellow Top SQFire FTW.
blackrosetiger Posted April 20, 2010 Report Posted April 20, 2010 Don't slam the 6.5"s in the 5x7" factory slot either. Just an example. Take the time to make a plate out of wood to fit your comps. Don't be lazy like I used to be. I always have liked the sound when a plate is in between the metal and comp. If you have the time/skill/patience to angle them and fiberglass(not necessary to have a good sound), you definitely won't regret it. Fail Imaging has EVERYTHING to do with sound quality. 1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily) Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet) 5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2 6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9 Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2) Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4 Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.