Sundown Audio

American Bass Vfl400.1 (honest Opinions)

What do u guys know about the American Bass VFL400.1. Ive seen pretty good comments about them. I was considering a T40001BD but now seeing this amp Im curious. I was quoted close to 1300shipped from them directly and that aint bad at all. Especially if I can get around 4500rms+ out of it and depending on how much they want for a small amp (SQ-780). Any insite or comments on this amp or opinions on wether or not u think it would compare up to the T40001BD?

00114-1.jpgTEAM MechMan Alternators

its comparable you just dont get the RF name and service you know and trust. alot of people use them for comps not as many for daily driving. they can be dropped pretty low ohm wise and take 16v also, which im not sure the rf 4k can.

Somewhere I heard that they're ABSOLUTE POWER HOGS.

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

^ nope not really

Maybe I'm thinkin of another model like the 200.1?

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

Thats whats up. The guy from American Bass quoted me a lil under 1300 shipped because there isnt a American Bass dealer anywhere near me. I forgot to ask him how much he wanted for the SQ-780 amp to push my comp set. Thats rated at 260x2@4ohm. Do u guys think 1300 is a reasonable price? Im trying to run (2)loaded BTL 15s with (1)CDT HD-6US comp set. Yukon, have u used them daily? Ive seen on Youtube where a guy had a VFL200 pushing 2 BL 15s in a Explorer and that shit looked like his roof was going to bend in half. This is going in a 2dr trunked vehicle but since I was just using 1 comp set up front and no rear fills; I was going to use the rear deck for a trunk port ....(2) 4x10" rectangular openings with beveled edges. Subs up/port back

00114-1.jpgTEAM MechMan Alternators