Sonic Electronix

Hey

quick question;

When I have my HU on 55 (out of 62) volume for a short period of time my speakers either cut out or my amp turns off. I have the amp turned up to half way maybe slightly more or less. Im just wondering what woud course this to happen.

amp is fli 100rms per channel four channel

speakers plye 100rms per speaker.

With this i thought i could turn the amp up most of the way and have no problem because the rms for channels and speakers are the same.

My ground is the seat bolt - which i sanded down to bear metal, bolt and car.

is my amp crap - fcuked or something or am I missing something?

I have posted an ealier thread about my amp and speakers i got told i could be clipping the hell out of my speakers so I did what the guy said to tuned my amp too so they shouldnt be clipping.

any help in the right direction would be great.

Your volumes is too high on the HU I'd say. I have mine on 45 out of 62.

Your probably still clipping badly

Edit: move your ground off of the seat bolt too. That's not a very good place

Edited by CerwinVegaCelica

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

Your volumes is too high on the HU I'd say. I have mine on 45 out of 62.

Your probably still clipping badly

Edit: move your ground off of the seat bolt too. That's not a very good place

so to get what i want i would have to get a higher rms amp and speakers. If i have it on 45 the vocals are drowned out from the bass. I want good bass which i have (to my standards) and still be able to hear the vocals when I really turn up the bass!

if i turn down the volume on my HU could i turn the amp up higher?

Edited by billybunter

Your prolly having a voltage issue causing the amp to cut out on you, do the big and go from there if you haven't done so already.

the amp is just cutting off after playing it @ 55 on the HU. When I first installed the system is was working fine at 55 and this wasnt for a few mins.

I have done the big three already.

so to get what i want i would have to get a higher rms amp and speakers. If i have it on 45 the vocals are drowned out from the bass. I want good bass which i have (to my standards) and still be able to hear the vocals when I really turn up the bass!

if i turn down the volume on my HU could i turn the amp up higher?

you have pyle speakers..

2 Fi BTL N2 18s Fully LoadedSundown Audio NS-1Kenwood 845 HU Clarion EQ4 Juicebox 3100sKnu Wire"Big 3"Mechman 270a156.3dBTeam GG.

Do you have a volt meter to check and make sure you aren't dropping voltage, if that turns out that the voltage is fine and stable its time to look at the amp as maybe having a problem. How well do the speakers sound at the level they're cutting out at? Do they sound clean and clear or is there some noise or distortion to the way they sound?

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Do you have a volt meter to check and make sure you aren't dropping voltage, if that turns out that the voltage is fine and stable its time to look at the amp as maybe having a problem. How well do the speakers sound at the level they're cutting out at? Do they sound clean and clear or is there some noise or distortion to the way they sound?

they sound very good dont sound distorted or anything.

voltage seems fine.