Sonic Electronix

First System, Need Help and Advice!

Alright, i'm planning to buy my first system and i was wondering what ya'll thought of the kenwood KFC-W3012 and the KFC-W3012 and kenwood amps? Also what would be a good first head unit to buy? and any sub, amp, or headunit suggestions are welcome. I'm not completely locked in to buy kenwood's products yet.

Also, what all would i need to buy to install my first system?

And whats a good gauge of wire to buy?

Thanks!

personally I'm not big on Kenwood anything. Not saying it is bad, I just don't like it. Pioneer h/u are good when you get a higher model. Personally I like Eclipse but I heard they were going out of business or did already. Installation wise you need a dash kit, harness, and depending on vehicle an antenna adaptor. Power wire depends on the size of amps you decide on. It's always better to get a little bigger so if you upgrade you will already be set. I won't run anything smaller than 4 gauge no matter what I am running but I will go bigger. Subs and amps will just start an arguement because everyone has their own opinion. Hope I helped.

Them: "Why does my amp keep cutting out?"

Me: "What is your ohm load?"

Them: "What's an ohm load?"

What is your budget looking like?

this, but my first and current system total prob ran me about 600-800$$$ wasent too bad

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

Alright, i'm planning to buy my first system and i was wondering what ya'll thought of the kenwood KFC-W3012 and the KFC-W3012 and kenwood amps? Also what would be a good first head unit to buy? and any sub, amp, or headunit suggestions are welcome. I'm not completely locked in to buy kenwood's products yet.

Also, what all would i need to buy to install my first system?

And whats a good gauge of wire to buy?

Thanks!

[/quote the subs u suggested r like 30 buks a piece and ive had em b4 u really cant beat em for the price i mean whats 30 buks? why the hell not right haha.. i was very impressed considering the price.. and i would reccomend kenwood amps ive had really good relationships with them. especially the 9104d yet agin not the best but kenwood from my experience is a great way to jump into the audio game.. and ull need an enclosure. ide go ported with that setup. and a 4 gauge wireing kit will do ya fine. u wont need a cap or anything no matter what ur noob friends say. and what kin of car r u putting it in?

BUILD LINK: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/112034-2-sundown-18s-98-f-150/page__p__1565972__fromsearch__1#entry1565972

98 Ford F-150
Truck:
37" superswamper tsl radials
16" ion alloy wheels
3" body lift
2" suspension lift
Offbrand brushguard
PIAA driving lights
6000K HID's
System:
2 18" Sundown Nightshaed
Aq3500
Custom Fiberglass box
fosgate T1 6x8 Coxials
bass inferno 2000 watt 4 channel
2 XS power d3100's
0 Gauge

personally I'm not big on Kenwood anything. Not saying it is bad, I just don't like it. Pioneer h/u are good when you get a higher model. Personally I like Eclipse but I heard they were going out of business or did already. Installation wise you need a dash kit, harness, and depending on vehicle an antenna adaptor. Power wire depends on the size of amps you decide on. It's always better to get a little bigger so if you upgrade you will already be set. I won't run anything smaller than 4 gauge no matter what I am running but I will go bigger. Subs and amps will just start an arguement because everyone has their own opinion. Hope I helped.

I don't think Eclipse went out of business, I heard they were just going to stop sales in US.

Look at T3 Audio or School for subs, they're great companies with great speakers and they have some good entry level subs and I know for sure the T3's are prices very VERY good.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

yeah dude for the money u cant really get much better but 300 is tight.. lets say 85 for both subs shipped. 145 for the KAC-8105D amp which is of appopriate size. and like 85 for a box. and then like 120 for the KDC-MP345U head unit. and like 40 for wireing. and thats already 475 right there if you istall it yourself..

BUILD LINK: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/112034-2-sundown-18s-98-f-150/page__p__1565972__fromsearch__1#entry1565972

98 Ford F-150
Truck:
37" superswamper tsl radials
16" ion alloy wheels
3" body lift
2" suspension lift
Offbrand brushguard
PIAA driving lights
6000K HID's
System:
2 18" Sundown Nightshaed
Aq3500
Custom Fiberglass box
fosgate T1 6x8 Coxials
bass inferno 2000 watt 4 channel
2 XS power d3100's
0 Gauge

300 is a tight budget... look at my sig for more details lol...

as far as suggesting brands... i agree with pioneer for HU

ive had experience with kenwood amps and i was pretty happy with them... they are NOT 1 ohm stable but for entry level.. not bad... i had the Kenwood KAC-9103D (claims 1800w...Probly had around 800W RMS...) and i was running sony for my first setup(yes i know....)

everyones got to start somewhere...

Check the For-Sale section here on SMD? Lota deals there...

if you end up like the rest of us... the bass bug will bite... and bite hard... and your gona want more... and more... lol

Edited by spl4life

My first truck... My first Real build...

*Update 8/9/10 DC Power 270xp Alt is In!!!*

1997 Toyota T-100 DC Level 5 18" in a T-line

Everybody wants their system to be....

1. Cheap

2. Reliable

3. Loud

...you can only pick two.

micahmye hertz pack