Sundown Audio

X1200M

chevytuck95

I've been told to get rid of it but its what i have for now so just a lil help please. Its a momo block and it has two out puts now i believe mono just is saying there the same no balance no fade. Its rated at 1200 at two ohms the sub to be hooked up is dual two cant i just run one voice coil to each side to try and get the most out of this amp till i replace it? thanks for any help

1995 Honda Accord Coupe

still building only thing done is big three and one run of stinger 0 gauge.

Feedback

2r2boxz.png

If you hook one coil up per speaker terminal then you're going to be running the amp at a one ohm load. Is it stable at one ohm? On my Sundown amp the speaker terminals are paralleled inside the amp. If you parallel a dual 2 ohm sub you'll get a one ohm load.

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

YES.... hook up one coil per side. :good:

Come on dude, are you TRYING to make him blow his amp up or are you just stupid?

Monoblock means 1 channel. The 2 sets of outputs are attached together (internally paralleled if we're gonna get technical)

They just give you 2 sets to make it easier to wire up multiple subs.

If you wire the coils in parallel you'll get 1 ohm and probably some nice smoke coming from your amp. Or it'll sit there in protect like a metal turd.

Wire them in series and run it at 4 ohms.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Come on dude, are you TRYING to make him blow his amp up or are you just stupid?

Monoblock means 1 channel. The 2 sets of outputs are attached together (internally paralleled if we're gonna get technical)

They just give you 2 sets to make it easier to wire up multiple subs.

If you wire the coils in parallel you'll get 1 ohm and probably some nice smoke coming from your amp. Or it'll sit there in protect like a metal turd.

Wire them in series and run it at 4 ohms.

thank you thats what ive done now and it works as good as its gunna get. its only putting out about 650 rms which sucks ass but it still pushes that 18 famously

1995 Honda Accord Coupe

still building only thing done is big three and one run of stinger 0 gauge.

Feedback

2r2boxz.png

Archived