Do I really need 1/0?

Of you dont wanna go with 1/0 wire, wo could always look for some 1ga or even better spilt the difference and go with 3ga... just fuse it for petes sake. Dont forget to do the "BIG 3"

Does this smell funny to you? Its your sister :roflmao:

I really don't mind doing the 1/0, I just want everything to be safe but not just throw money away. I def will fuse it. But will that KnuKonceptz KLM kit be okay or should I go with something else? It is CCA btw.

Edit: Mini ANL or regular ANL fuse holder?

Edited by tackett834

I would go with regular size ANL. like everyone is saying, if you're looking to upgrade later you'll wanna make things easier and get the necessary gear now. I don't think they make high amperage mini ANL fuses

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

I really don't mind doing the 1/0, I just want everything to be safe but not just throw money away. I def will fuse it. But will that KnuKonceptz KLM kit be okay or should I go with something else? It is CCA btw.

Edit: Mini ANL or regular ANL fuse holder?

hey tyler tron is selling some nine.1 amps in the for sale section.. cheap tooo... check em out!!

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

yeah man 0 gauge ftw!! i made the mistake of using 4 gauge and thinking i wouldnt need to upgrade again.. i was wrong.. youll always want more. i had to buy more wire and rerun it threw my car. now i have left over 4 gauge lol. i spent more money then i wouldve if i just wouldve gone with the 1/0.

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

I got my eD Nine.1 for $100 from a friend who never used it so I had to snatch it up....

There is no doubt I am doing 1/0. I was just wondering about that KnuKonceptz KLM kit because it is CCA not OFC. I wasn't sure if the material would make a difference or not where the KLM is supposed to be oversized.

Edit: Raptor wire any good?

Edited by tackett834

when i worked with that amp, i ran 1/0 KLMX to a distro from the distro knu fleks 4 gauge to that amp in the civic

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13
-------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as it takes heat well and is somewhat flexible i say go for it.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017