Do I really need 1/0?

Well there site said recommended 4ga - 0ga

I would do 1/0 and be safe. You will be running another amp for mids and highs right?

no you really dont need 1/0

everyone will tell you that bigger is better, which is true, but it is not needed.

just be careful. electricity will burn you (or your car) before you ever know what happened

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

I'm fairly sure you don't "really need it" but if you ever decide to upgrade you probably will and at that point you will have paid for 4 as well as 1/0. The reason everyone says to go 1/0 is for that. Also with wire, bigger is always better.

Edit: And please use the appropriate fuses, we don't like hearing about peoples cars/systems burning down.

Edited by Reallunacy

You probably dont necessarily need the 1/0 but i would highly recommend it. It will give you a better power flow and less restricted current therefore less heat. I am running a single memphis belle put 0ut 610x1@1 and 55x4 @ 4 and im running 1/0 for my SQ system. It also gives you the overhead to upgrade later without swapping wiring. SO there are some pros/cons to everything

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

1/0 is a bitch for the price at first, but in the long run you'll be glad you did... That is if you plan on upgrading, like 99% of us do.

OFC is best.

x2, I hooked up my 15 on 1200 watts with the old 8ga from my 10's, gave some kid a demo, we both went "WTF is that smell" I popped my hood and it was black and melted allll over, that was really stupid on my part, I didn't even think to upgrade my wire, I'm glad I caught it when I did.

Edit: post fail.

Edited by vengfuldev

Start out boxy, shape as you move along.

Dc Audio

Team Fur

Yes a 150 amp fuse will work. Your amp only calls for 120 amps so you will have some overhead. Make sure you use a flat ANL style fuse they are probably the best style to use.

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌