cc_audio Posted April 21, 2010 Report Posted April 21, 2010 If you want it to be as loud as possible daily and handle that power, you'll need to do a fourth or sixth order. Don't ask me to design one for you, too much time and math to donate to someone else. If you want to be impressive, build a T-Line but don't expect an SA-8 to handle 1k in a T-Line. They're beefy but not that beefy, or build a reflex tune on the high side and call it a day until he decides to upgrade. It's all gone! The Celica Build Feedback If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!
dunkoholic Posted April 21, 2010 Author Report Posted April 21, 2010 I could make it louder, blazers get loud regardless of 3hat you put it in... I'd do a 4th order bandpass or a t-line bandpass... See my sig. That T-line box is bad ass bro, might have to do something like that. Is it possible u can give me the specs/dimension of the box. Thanks bro. The Project!! 1954 Trunk Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/102529-1954-chevy-belair-trunk-build/ ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The Daily!! Head Unit: Alpine 9883 Subwoofer: 2 12's DC Level 4 XL Amplifier: New DC 3.5 K Rear Center Console: 1 8' DD 1508 Amplifier: Rockford fosgate 500 Mids and Tweets: Beyma tweets e36 Trunk/Subwoofer Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=27903
dunkoholic Posted April 21, 2010 Author Report Posted April 21, 2010 If you want it to be as loud as possible daily and handle that power, you'll need to do a fourth or sixth order. Don't ask me to design one for you, too much time and math to donate to someone else. If you want to be impressive, build a T-Line but don't expect an SA-8 to handle 1k in a T-Line. They're beefy but not that beefy, or build a reflex tune on the high side and call it a day until he decides to upgrade. Ok, so what is a Reflex tune? is that a box? what does it look like? The Project!! 1954 Trunk Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/102529-1954-chevy-belair-trunk-build/ ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The Daily!! Head Unit: Alpine 9883 Subwoofer: 2 12's DC Level 4 XL Amplifier: New DC 3.5 K Rear Center Console: 1 8' DD 1508 Amplifier: Rockford fosgate 500 Mids and Tweets: Beyma tweets e36 Trunk/Subwoofer Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=27903
wL<3bass Posted April 21, 2010 Report Posted April 21, 2010 That T-line box is bad ass bro, might have to do something like that. Is it possible u can give me the specs/dimension of the box. Thanks bro. I payed for that design from Ken (foreverbumpn on SMD) well he did it for me but I gave something for his time b/c its not easy designing an enclosure like that. PM him and ask if he'll design one for you... With the T-Line bandpass it will HANDLE alot more power than a traditional t-line also will play lower utilizing the sealed partition. Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4 Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2" Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400 Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube) Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors) Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex My YouTube Videos My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build My "Seamless" Looking Box Build My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer) My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer) My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk My feedback/references...
dunkoholic Posted April 21, 2010 Author Report Posted April 21, 2010 If your friend has never heard anything truly loud then he should be pleased lol, I just sold my 15" BL and put in two sealed Rockford Fosgate 8" Punch HE's that someone gave me for free being powered off my T10001.bd at 4 ohms....it suprised me how loud they are actually haha, I mean they couldnt touch the BL with a 20,000 ft pole, but it's ok! Loudest he heard was my beemer! I had 4 12's type R's with T10001bd. BTW, i am re-doing that too. I'm gonna keep my box, might just go down to 4 10's Fi SSD's. Not sure yet.. U think it will be louder? The Project!! 1954 Trunk Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/102529-1954-chevy-belair-trunk-build/ ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The Daily!! Head Unit: Alpine 9883 Subwoofer: 2 12's DC Level 4 XL Amplifier: New DC 3.5 K Rear Center Console: 1 8' DD 1508 Amplifier: Rockford fosgate 500 Mids and Tweets: Beyma tweets e36 Trunk/Subwoofer Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=27903
cc_audio Posted April 21, 2010 Report Posted April 21, 2010 With the T-Line bandpass it will HANDLE alot more power than a traditional t-line also will play lower utilizing the sealed partition. Oh yeah, forgot about those. I built one for my boat, hybrid bandpass taper T-line. Was crazy loud and handled plenty of power. Sorry to thread jack. Or a basic T-line. And a reflex is just a ported enclosure. Loudest he heard was my beemer! I had 4 12's type R's with T10001bd. BTW, i am re-doing that too. I'm gonna keep my box, might just go down to 4 10's Fi SSD's. Not sure yet.. U think it will be louder? Guys are just like girls, once you've had 18 inches you don't go back. Get some 18" SSDs, you'll never run anything but 18s again. It's all gone! The Celica Build Feedback If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!
dunkoholic Posted April 21, 2010 Author Report Posted April 21, 2010 I payed for that design from Ken (foreverbumpn on SMD) well he did it for me but I gave something for his time b/c its not easy designing an enclosure like that. PM him and ask if he'll design one for you... With the T-Line bandpass it will HANDLE alot more power than a traditional t-line also will play lower utilizing the sealed partition. The Project!! 1954 Trunk Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/102529-1954-chevy-belair-trunk-build/ ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The Daily!! Head Unit: Alpine 9883 Subwoofer: 2 12's DC Level 4 XL Amplifier: New DC 3.5 K Rear Center Console: 1 8' DD 1508 Amplifier: Rockford fosgate 500 Mids and Tweets: Beyma tweets e36 Trunk/Subwoofer Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=27903
dunkoholic Posted April 21, 2010 Author Report Posted April 21, 2010 Oh yeah, forgot about those. I built one for my boat, hybrid bandpass taper T-line. Was crazy loud and handled plenty of power. Sorry to thread jack. Or a basic T-line. And a reflex is just a ported enclosure. Guys are just like girls, once you've had 18 inches you don't go back. Get some 18" SSDs, you'll never run anything but 18s again. Damn those box designs are nice... Can u hook me up with the specs and dimensions. thanks. and as for the 18's i can't fit it my beemer... The Project!! 1954 Trunk Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/102529-1954-chevy-belair-trunk-build/ ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The Daily!! Head Unit: Alpine 9883 Subwoofer: 2 12's DC Level 4 XL Amplifier: New DC 3.5 K Rear Center Console: 1 8' DD 1508 Amplifier: Rockford fosgate 500 Mids and Tweets: Beyma tweets e36 Trunk/Subwoofer Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=27903
cc_audio Posted April 21, 2010 Report Posted April 21, 2010 Damn those box designs are nice... Can u hook me up with the specs and dimensions. thanks. and as for the 18's i can't fit it my beemer... Do I have to post pics of my trunk build too? Don't tell me 18"s won't fit. If four 12s can fit then two 18s will fit as well. I know how to build T-lines from Ken's T-line tutorial (actually many tutorials, but kens is mucho easier to understand for the beginner) and Ken explained how to adapt a T-line into what I have there. Go read the tutorial pinned in this section, once you think you comprehend PM me and I'll explain how to do a tapered bandpass T-line. It's all gone! The Celica Build Feedback If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!
dunkoholic Posted April 21, 2010 Author Report Posted April 21, 2010 Do I have to post pics of my trunk build too? Don't tell me 18"s won't fit. If four 12s can fit then two 18s will fit as well. I know how to build T-lines from Ken's T-line tutorial (actually many tutorials, but kens is mucho easier to understand for the beginner) and Ken explained how to adapt a T-line into what I have there. Go read the tutorial pinned in this section, once you think you comprehend PM me and I'll explain how to do a tapered bandpass T-line. 2 18's? damn, wont that be nice.. check out my e36 build up and see my box... tell me how to modify that thing then The Project!! 1954 Trunk Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/102529-1954-chevy-belair-trunk-build/ ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The Daily!! Head Unit: Alpine 9883 Subwoofer: 2 12's DC Level 4 XL Amplifier: New DC 3.5 K Rear Center Console: 1 8' DD 1508 Amplifier: Rockford fosgate 500 Mids and Tweets: Beyma tweets e36 Trunk/Subwoofer Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=27903
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.