Sonic Electronix

I don't know if these are just my blank cd's that suck balls, but I burn cd's and when I'm maxed out on bass and volume sometime randomly the cd will start to skip. This has happen at least 4 times now with 4 different burned cd's. I used a Meca cd for a drive by test which was not my burned cd and it didn't skip on me. the cd's I burn don't start skipping right away.I'll play them for a week or so and then out of the blue they start to skip. Can loud music and big bass make your HU skip a cd while playing?

HU: Kenwood KDC-MP745U.

Sub: AQ HDC 15

Amp: Hifonics BXi 1610D for sub, ZXi 6410 for mids highs

Speakers: 6.5 premium MB Quarts components,6.5 MB Quart premium coaxial back doors

Wiring: KLMX Kable 1/0g for Big 3.Double up 4g from battery to trunk...for now.

Big 3: YUP!

Battery: Shuriken SK-BT35 to the trunk.

Randoms: Flush mounted Stinger blue digital voltmeter. Flush mounted Memphis 7band EQ- 16-EQ50. phoenix gold 2 channel line driver.

I don't know if these are just my blank cd's that suck balls, but I burn cd's and when I'm maxed out on bass and volume sometime randomly the cd will start to skip. This has happen at least 4 times now with 4 different burned cd's. I used a Meca cd for a drive by test which was not my burned cd and it didn't skip on me. the cd's I burn don't start skipping right away.I'll play them for a week or so and then out of the blue they start to skip. Can loud music and big bass make your HU skip a cd while playing?

Its your HU, the bass if making it skip, it happens to alot of us at a certain point of upgrading, so you either have to get a better HU with better anti skip, or go with Ipod/USB.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Yes...bass can make your HU skip.

The fact that your bass and volume are all the way up, on top of running dirty MP3s, are probably clipping your shit so bad it cuts out. MECA CDs have clean signals and that's probably why it only happens on your burned ones.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

The fact that your bass and volume are all the way up, on top of running dirty MP3s, are probably clipping your shit so bad it cuts out. MECA CDs have clean signals and that's probably why it only happens on your burned ones.

LOL I don't play Limewire music in my car stereo! These burned cd's are directly from itunes that came from mastered store bought cd's or mp4 bought from itunes.

Speakers: 6.5 premium MB Quarts components,6.5 MB Quart premium coaxial back doors

Randoms: Flush mounted Stinger blue digital voltmeter. Flush mounted Memphis 7band EQ- 16-EQ50. phoenix gold 2 channel line driver.

Its your HU, the bass if making it skip, it happens to alot of us at a certain point of upgrading, so you either have to get a better HU with better anti skip, or go with Ipod/USB.

yeah true... ipod can play all day long no skip.. I thought my amp was cutting out, but I'm confident that this isn't the issue. Probably low end sony HU unit and the fact that I'm using cheap blank cd's... It seem like the littlest scuff on these cd's causes major issues.

burn mp3 cds and it wont do that

i think thats why most ppl run dvd decks in there car cause for some reason those type cds dont skipp like a regular 18song disk will

i would get a ipod, or a deck with a usb slot for a memory stick, or burn mp3 cds could help

thats why i got an ipod now, cds skip like hell in my truck, even bluegrass cds skip

i think its more a higher note song make it skip than a lower one cause thats how mine does anyway but could be diff between cars

u could add a support for the back of the deck were that screw is and could help vibration somewhat

good luck on gettin ur problem fixed mang, i hate tryin to demoing my truck and cant get loud due to cd skipping, ipod ftmfw!

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

yeah true... ipod can play all day long no skip.. I thought my amp was cutting out, but I'm confident that this isn't the issue. Probably low end sony HU unit and the fact that I'm using cheap blank cd's... It seem like the littlest scuff on these cd's causes major issues.

Um yes the combo of the two would for sure be the reason lol

2 Fi BTL N2 18s Fully LoadedSundown Audio NS-1Kenwood 845 HU Clarion EQ4 Juicebox 3100sKnu Wire"Big 3"Mechman 270a156.3dBTeam GG.

LOL I don't play Limewire music in my car stereo! These burned cd's are directly from itunes that came from mastered store bought cd's or mp4 bought from itunes.

On a side note, I have noticed that lots of my iTunes purchased songs seem to sound like shit. Anyone else notice this?

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

totally wrong...its the shitty media, if it was the HU ALL disk would skip.

His bass level is set to not clip so your totally wrong, along with the assumption that hes running mp3s.

most ipods are flash memory its not a disc spinning so its impossible for it to skip

burn mp3 cds and it wont do that

i think thats why most ppl run dvd decks in there car cause for some reason those type cds dont skipp like a regular 18song disk will

i would get a ipod, or a deck with a usb slot for a memory stick, or burn mp3 cds could help

thats why i got an ipod now, cds skip like hell in my truck, even bluegrass cds skip

i think its more a higher note song make it skip than a lower one cause thats how mine does anyway but could be diff between cars

u could add a support for the back of the deck were that screw is and could help vibration somewhat

good luck on gettin ur problem fixed mang, i hate tryin to demoing my truck and cant get loud due to cd skipping, ipod ftmfw!

when you scratch a mp3 cd it dont skip its worse it is unable to read 5-10 tracks because of one scratch rather then skip, so that solution is totally moot

His bass level is set to not clip so your totally wrong, along with the assumption that hes running mp3s.

:werd_msword:

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/