"budget" 3 way active HU

So...I'm thinking about upgrading my HU. I was pretty much set on trying to get an Alpine 9887, as it has pretty much everything I wanted...except for you USB input. I really like using a thumb drive to hold my songs. From what I've read, I could use an Ipod with the correct cable, but I don't have nor do I want an Ipod. In order to use USB, I would need to buy a module that's well over $100. I like all the other features of it (variable illumination, time alignment, 3 way active, etc).

So...my question is what are some other HUs that have the same/similar features for under $300? So far, I've seen mostly the Alpine and stuff like the Pioneer 800/880 prs. Any other HUs in the same league that I should keep my eyes open for?

I mean, I guess I could try to find a cheap used Ipod on Ebay and just get the 9887, but I thought I'd ask in case there's an obvious choice that I'm not finding.

In case you're curious and you can't see my sig for whatever reason, I'm running Alpine spx17-ref components (passive currently) on a Sundown 50.4 (currently have it bridged). I know I can run active with the amp's crossovers, but I like the idea of being able to change crossover slopes and being able to easily set the crossover points on the HU.

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

the deh-p800prs is awesome. I'm telling you from experience. You can do pretty much everything from the headunit. The autoeq with microphone is badass, too. The difference in sound from a flat eq setting to the AutoEq is tremendous. As long as you position the mic properly during setup. I love the hell out of mine. Hope this helps you.

God damn its hot today. My balls are stuck to my leg.

i need one of those mics for my 860, it never came wit one, but they aint but $30 or so on net

and do u need a disk or it do it itself?

and ya pioneer 800-880's are the shit, can run 3way active or 4ch passave, and has a hell of alot of features

oh, and i dnt kno if my setup will work wit that mic thing cause im running a 2ch amp vs a 4ch, my hifonics took a shit so i unno if it will make it sound better or not

and eclipse makes a deck that can be ran 3way active too, i think its the same one price has cause he's useing his to run active too

but in all u get what u payfor

you can always get the deck u want and run a rf 360.2 and do the same shit with it like you can a pioneer 800-880 can do

but u lookin at a couple hundred $'s for that kinda setup, this thing does the same thing as the pioneer's do for around the same price but ied rather run pioneer cause thats what ive always ran and love em, but heres a link to a good deck

http://www.woofersetc.com/p3934/CD8445--Eclipse-CD-MP3-WMA-Receiver.htm

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

i need one of those mics for my 860, it never came wit one, but they aint but $30 or so on net

and do u need a disk or it do it itself?

and ya pioneer 800-880's are the shit, can run 3way active or 4ch passave, and has a hell of alot of features

oh, and i dnt kno if my setup will work wit that mic thing cause im running a 2ch amp vs a 4ch, my hifonics took a shit so i unno if it will make it sound better or not

and eclipse makes a deck that can be ran 3way active too, i think its the same one price has cause he's useing his to run active too

but in all u get what u payfor

you can always get the deck u want and run a rf 360.2 and do the same shit with it like you can a pioneer 800-880 can do

but u lookin at a couple hundred $'s for that kinda setup, this thing does the same thing as the pioneer's do for around the same price but ied rather run pioneer cause thats what ive always ran and love em, but heres a link to a good deck

http://www.woofersetc.com/p3934/CD8445--Eclipse-CD-MP3-WMA-Receiver.htm

I ran my 880 with the 3 way active set up. One of my customers threw away a low line focal tweeter set. I ran those off 75 watts per channel crossed over at the h/u around 4000hz. Am running crappy orion entry level as a midwoofer 100hz to 4000 hz. 300 watts total. I didn't even run rear fill. I'm not sure about the mic working with a 2 channel setup. Get you a 4 channel and run it 3 way. Tweets and midbass up front, screw the back! I have run mine with front and rear/sub versus high/mid/low and it did the auto eq. On the 800prs, you shut the radio off, push down on the eq button and the face drops down exposing an input jack. Hit another button and it gives you 10 seconds to exit the vehicle. It does the adjustments automatically. eq, time alignment, phase, and crossover. I hope yours does the same. I can't say enough good things about this deck. Pioneer should pay me some money for plugging it. lol.

God damn its hot today. My balls are stuck to my leg.

Archived