you probably had a rentacop pull you over, if its in a unmarked car, not normal uniform, i would have told him to fuck off and drive off... all honesty

Im with him...around where Im at lots of people are trying that rent-a-cop bullshit and people are falling for it. so now every time I see a undercover cop that pulled some1 over there is always a cop car too.

He can call in and ask another cop to write the citation and you would have beat it in court becuase the cop that wrote the citation was not there to witness it,I had something similar happen when an off duty state trooper at a gas station around the corner from my house saw me do a rolling stop and told a county cop who pulled in a few seconds later and came to my house and wanted to search my vehicle and give me a ticket for doing a rolling stop.Not only did I not get a ticket (he didn't see, or have probable cause) I told him to get the fuck off my property before I called the cops. :rofl:

he wouldnt need to call anyone else. your storu isn't the same thing, an off duty police officer, sheriff, highway patrol, anything automatically turns into a civilian.

You sure? The other day I squealed my tires in front of a state cop, he didn't do anything..

Very sure, they're employed by the state so their jurisdiction is the state they work in, most departments try to keep their officers within certain boundaries but they don't have to. And that cop must have been having a really nice day or he was being lazy or off duty.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

Guest Scylloga

If they're within their state then there's no such thing as being "out of jurisdiction"

Now this statement is false.

A cop in the town I live in cant pull me over in say Hollister.

Why? Because he only works for Branson Police Department.

A Taney County Sheriff cant pull me over in Stone County. Why?

Because again he works for Taney County.

The only law enforcement that has state wide jurisdiction is state troopers and state police.

As a city cop you doesn't work for the state, you work for the city.

Now a sheriff can pull you over anywhere inside his county, but if he is inside city limits its common practice to call the local pd and ask for assistance.

Now OP heres some advice....

If this ever happens again or you happen to see this same "cop" get his name and badge number.

Then talk to your local pd and ask about him.

If they want to know why your being nosey tell them I feel I was pulled over and questions illegally and want to make sure this guy is legit.

If they validate he is a employee of that pd then you can either file a complaint officially or just make a verbal complaint and request the chief speak with him regarding his practices.

Another thing a cop can not break a law like turning across two lanes of traffic like that.

He is endangering the public, even if there was no other cars.

The only time its legit to do that is if the cop is in atleast code 2 pursuit, and they must make a report of that.

The local pd here is notorious for flippin a u-turn across 3 lanes of traffic to try and nail you for speeding.

Any law that you would normally be ticketed for they can not break unless they are in pursuit and have atleast lights going.

This doesnt apply to turning them on just to break the law and then shut them down.

The MHP recently fired 3 troopers for that.

The only law enforcement that has state wide jurisdiction is state troopers and state police.

Now a sheriff can pull you over anywhere inside his county, but if he is inside city limits its common practice to call the local pd and ask for assistance.

If this ever happens again or you happen to see this same "cop" get his name and badge number.

If they want to know why your being nosey tell them I feel I was pulled over and questions illegally and want to make sure this guy is legit.

If they validate he is a employee of that pd then you can either file a complaint officially or just make a verbal complaint and request the chief speak with him regarding his practices.

Another thing a cop can not break a law like turning across two lanes of traffic like that.

The only time its legit to do that is if the cop is in atleast code 2 pursuit, and they must make a report of that.

The local pd here is notorious for flippin a u-turn across 3 lanes of traffic to try and nail you for speeding.

Any law that you would normally be ticketed for they can not break unless they are in pursuit and have atleast lights going.

This doesnt apply to turning them on just to break the law and then shut them down.

actually I'm stating facts, every officer is a state employed person and doesn't have boundaries to where he could pull someone over and give them a citation, well besides their state border. Whoever told you that is feeding you lies. I bet they told you police departments have quotas they have to fill too huh. Lol

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

24" Rims

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

they cannot pull you over unless they are a county cop in your county, state or sheriff. i only know this because i have had numerous oakwood cops (the town i live in) but all they can do is ask me to stop doing whatever it is i'm doing. i've had the oakwood cops tell me this because i am just barely outside of city limits. my road is considered city limits buy my house is not. so in my yard they have to have county or state come to do anything. the oakwood cops just ask me politely to stop doing what i'm doing and i just quit and that is where it ends.

they cannot pull you over unless they are a county cop in your county, state or sheriff. i only know this because i have had numerous oakwood cops (the town i live in) but all they can do is ask me to stop doing whatever it is i'm doing. i've had the oakwood cops tell me this because i am just barely outside of city limits. my road is considered city limits buy my house is not. so in my yard they have to have county or state come to do anything. the oakwood cops just ask me politely to stop doing what i'm doing and i just quit and that is where it ends.

Maybe it's not cuz they can't, maybe it's cuz THEY'RE LAZY. Do you want to know how I know this? I know this because I have 3 police officers as teachers, 2 of which are Chiefs of their PD's and I'm real cool with them AND I'm pretty cool with a Highway Patrol too so I get some info that most people don't know or care to learn about. Do you know why the Chiefs say the officers are lazy and don't want to go pull someone over in another city or county? Because if those officers do pull someone over they have to write a pretty long police report and they don't want to do that so they call and officer from the PD they're in and tell them to give the citation and write the report.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

24" Rims

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

he turned across and as soon as he finished his turn i saw lights. and if my bass was too loud why would he drive beside me and not follow behind me from when it happened?

and the 50 ft thing was an estimate thing i did so it might be off i didnt use anything to measure it i just kind of guessed

my system

2 12" diamond d3 subs

Kenwood 500 watt class d mono amp

On 4/14/2010 at 5:40 PM, Boon said:

Waaaaaa my system has a minor issue that I can't figure out so I'm gonna quit audio.

Fucking weak man.

if you wanna know the noise ordnance law in your state your best bet would be is to call the police station and ask. in Florida if they can hear it 25 ft or further they can ticket trust me when i went to daytona 3 years in a row for spring break nationals i see people get pulled over left and right in alabama if they can hear the music outside the vehicle they can ticket you unfortunately our city is in 12 million in debt so i'm sure our cops are gonna ticket left and right i tend to see people blast their music loud

people who have bought from me Team Bassick (ALPINE) Purplehaze nidus

head unit sony dsx-s310btx
subs 2 12 incriminator audio king of bass
subs amp incriminator audio 20.1
mids/highs
mids/highs amp incriminator audio 6.4
equalizer clarion
crossover interfire
alternator 1 mechman 240amp
battery's xs power 1 d2100 2 d3100
sky high car audio 1/0 awg ofc wires

memphis car audio 1/0 ofc