ok so today i was pulled over by an unmarked police car.

i had my music turned all the way up, but when i came to a stop light, i turned it down so nobody could hear it. when the light turned green i turned and he got in the lane beside me (music still down). then i turned into my neighborhood and he followed me turning from the second lane over.. and turns his lights on

so my system isnt loud at all compared to other peoples on here. its only 500 watt class d mono amp on two 12" diamond d3's. ive measured and it cant be heard 50 ft away (which is what i thought was the distance it shouldnt be heard over)

so he says hes pulling me over because my stereo was loud and shaking his car. i know this is a lie, ive had it fully going when i got into a car next to it and closed all the doors. nothing was shaking, you could just hear it lightly. and thats about 4 feet away.

so i just dont complain, and when hes done i ask him if its 50ft it cant be heard over, and he says him being behind me and being able to hear it is enough to pull me over. wtf? so he ends up saying he cant give me a ticket for it, he would have to call a cop from the city over or something to write me one, so he lets me go. i dont understand this either because hes a cop he should be able to give me a ticket right? his uniform was different and he was in an unmarked car though.

ive google searched but cant find the noise ordinance for the state of kansas.

if i wouldve gotten a ticket could i fight that? im just wondering because im not going to stop bumping, and my system isnt that loud.

i know ppl are making threads about being pulled over but i need to know what people think about this. anybody know the law for kansas? and if i could really be ticketed for being heard a car lengths distance behind me? (barely)

my system

2 12" diamond d3 subs

Kenwood 500 watt class d mono amp

On 4/14/2010 at 5:40 PM, Boon said:

Waaaaaa my system has a minor issue that I can't figure out so I'm gonna quit audio.

Fucking weak man.

you probably had a rentacop pull you over, if its in a unmarked car, not normal uniform, i would have told him to fuck off and drive off... all honesty

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

personally iv'e only been harassed by a cop once for my radio.(plenty for fix it tickets due to illegal mods)

I didn't even have a sub amp in my truck at the time just door speakers. but it was in a res hood and a neighbor complained in a predominantly black neighborhood and when the cop got there he didn't know what to think when it was a little bagged truck playing country music.

I'd say he was just being a dick to be one and was out of jurisdiction so couldn't actually do anything. Don't worry about it. I had an old guy hold his ears in front of me one day. :) I felt bad and turned it down, but it wasn't loud to begin with. Ppl naturally assume loud music = bad ppl. Just prove them wrong and watch their reactions.

JVC AVX-44 and 360.2

Subs: 2 RF T1 12s 1ohm mono off a RF T1500bdcp 80hz \/ in a 2.3cube 45hz slot port

Mids: 2 O2 8's off a Punch 550.2 behind seat, 2 Image Cxs 6.5's and 2 ID XS 6x9s 80-3khz in doors on a T600.2

Highs: 2 ID CD.1 MH HLCD 8ohm off a RF 400.4 3khz /\

personally iv'e only been harassed by a cop once for my radio.(plenty for fix it tickets due to illegal mods)

I didn't even have a sub amp in my truck at the time just door speakers. but it was in a res hood and a neighbor complained in a predominantly black neighborhood and when the cop got there he didn't know what to think when it was a little bagged truck playing country music.

I'd say he was just being a dick to be one and was out of jurisdiction so couldn't actually do anything. Don't worry about it. I had an old guy hold his ears in front of me one day. :) I felt bad and turned it down, but it wasn't loud to begin with. Ppl naturally assume loud music = bad ppl. Just prove them wrong and watch their reactions.

If they're within their state then there's no such thing as being "out of jurisdiction"

But I agree about people assuming loud music = bad people, it kind of sucks but we just got to try to show them that its not like that.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

If they're within their state then there's no such thing as being "out of jurisdiction"

But I agree about people assuming loud music = bad people, it kind of sucks but we just got to try to show them that its not like that.

He can call in and ask another cop to write the citation and you would have beat it in court becuase the cop that wrote the citation was not there to witness it,I had something similar happen when an off duty state trooper at a gas station around the corner from my house saw me do a rolling stop and told a county cop who pulled in a few seconds later and came to my house and wanted to search my vehicle and give me a ticket for doing a rolling stop.Not only did I not get a ticket (he didn't see, or have probable cause) I told him to get the fuck off my property before I called the cops. :rofl:

On 4/20/2010 at 10:06 PM, 'cc_audio' said:

Guys are just like girls, once you've had 18 inches you don't go back.

2004 GMC Yukon XL

Pioneer AVH-X4700BS

13 band EQ

Sub Amp- (2) PPI 5000BD.1

(2) Re SXX 15's 8 cu. ft. box tuned to 32 Hz

(4) 6.5 Bose Mids

(2) 1" Bose Tweets

(2) 1.5" Bose Tweets

(1) JY 80 AH w/ new JY busses

(1) Duracell 750 up front 

Apex Alternators 270

A.C. Delco 160 alternato

well the unmarked cops around here ride pretty much anything so its hard to tell when they are COP's they have durangos, impalas(obviously) chargers, Ford Escape! WTF lol they are usually the gang or drug cops and are legit cops.

i had two of those D3 Subwoofers on 700 rms in the jimmy and i dont know how your set up is but THESE CAN BE HEARD FROM DOWN THE BLOCK :pardon: every car is different but they are good subs.

If i get a ticket for music i just pay it and dont waitse my time fighting it they usually bullshit and either way i have to pay. so thats sucks..consider it you lucky day!

Sounds like a good cop to me. That's how it used to be when I was younger. The cops would pop you, but never hand out a ticket, they would just bust your balls (this actually applied to way more than loud music).

Just remember that you're used to it. He isn't so I'm sure he is far more sensitive.

If i get a ticket for music i just pay it and dont waitse my time fighting it they usually bullshit and either way i have to pay. so thats sucks..consider it you lucky day!

Yea and then you get slammed with court costs.

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

so my system isnt loud at all compared to other peoples on here. its only 500 watt class d mono amp on two 12" diamond d3's. ive measured and it cant be heard 50 ft away (which is what i thought was the distance it shouldnt be heard over)

srsly? 50 feet isnt much at all i will bet you if you measure it right it can be heard 50+

but that sucks bro should have told him to nibble on your cock.

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Archived