Sonic Electronix

How possible is it to place a 18" sub in a barrel with Dynamat inside to keep the echo out of it and port the back side? Could this idea be done or not at all possible? just a late morning idea i came up with what does everyone think? Oh and before someone says what about it rolling u could tack weld some flate plate under it to hold it in place...

How possible is it to place a 18" sub in a barrel with Dynamat inside to keep the echo out of it and port the back side? Could this idea be done or not at all possible? just a late morning idea i came up with what does everyone think? Oh and before someone says what about it rolling u could tack weld some flate plate under it to hold it in place...

LOL...Why not just make a box? But the idea sounds kinda funny! :) Would love to see it! Go ahead and do it and then show us! LOL... I'm sure you could fabricate it...So yes it "could" be done...Sounding good is another story though...

Kurt

90' Geo Prizm Hatchback

Single AQ 8"

http://myspace.com/apostolickurt

Yes people do this quite often, never seen it done with 18's though. Normally its used in a quarter wave transmission line though, and normally in home theater because there are little to no space restrictions.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

i would pore fiber glass ressen on the inside then dynamat the out side. Or even linex it!

x2 do a couple of layers of fiberglass on the inside and if its still resonating after that add the dynamat

It's exactly the same as a normal box, just a different shape...So treat it like that.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall