Second Skin Audio

inverted sub/ box help

Yes, i think that would work just fine, to be precised, 5.7 cubic feet and 13.2SQ of port per c/f , you would have 39 hz of tuning, big problem is that you haven´t got any bracing inside the box, that would also shrink down the internal space raising your tuning also, try at least to get double baffle!

yeah i am.

this is just a plan for maybe around next month. i just want to give it some thought before i just jump right in and dont have a plan for it. but im pretty sure i can add an inch or two for the port and stuff to bring down the tune.

thanks to all the help!

-Chris.

ps well keep bump this thread. as for plans and corrections. no sense makin a new thread each time.

Also, try to get it strong power, 5.7 c/f is very small, with that size, you need more power than a big box, just in case you didn´t know that. Glad i could help, make sure to post some pics :pardon:

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

hahaha yeah, there´s a new rule, 24-40 SQ of port per cubic feet, if you don´t get that, you suck!! :yahoo:

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

hahaha yeah, there´s a new rule, 24-40 SQ of port per cubic feet, if you don´t get that, you suck!! :yahoo:

24-40? Dang my current box has like 10. My future (this week) box is 16 sq in per cube. I WISH I knew more about box building.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

I think that box would be around 5.6cubes after displacement, with 100 square inches of port, which equals about 17 square inches of port per cub, which is fine. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

How come the ports it´s too small?? it´s 100SQ, i think this box it´s ok, but the tuning it´s way too high, if i´m correct, you are getting 45 hz tuning on that box with 18SQof port per cubic feet, 5.5 c/f after displacement.

If you are looking for a lower tuning, then you don´t need a port that big, unless BTL really likes giant ports (haven´t use one before) , i would get a port 5x15x17 giving me 39 hz of tuning, 13.5 SQ of port per cubic feet and 5.8 c/f after displacement...

I said if the drawing is too scale, it's too small. The calculations work out fine, I couldn't be bothered doing them so I said it looks too small in the drawing. O/P says it's to scale though so WTF?!? 17 per cube is great though so stick with that box then :good:

Haha this guy HATES port noise =P

Heck yeah :P !

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

24-40? Dang my current box has like 10. My future (this week) box is 16 sq in per cube. I WISH I knew more about box building.

I said that in a sarchastic way dude hehe, generally speaking it´s 12-16SQ per cubic feet, less than that and you´ll have some por noise, but there´s people like Meade that use less than that and are happy with the result, so defenitly this is not a rule...

I said if the drawing is too scale, it's too small. The calculations work out fine, I couldn't be bothered doing them so I said it looks too small in the drawing. O/P says it's to scale though so WTF?!? 17 per cube is great though so stick with that box then :good:

Heck yeah :P !

if you mean the drawing no it not to scale but the numbers are. the drawing is to give an idea what i am putting the port.

if you mean the drawing no it not to scale but the numbers are. the drawing is to give an idea what i am putting the port.

DING DING DING DING DING! We have a winner! I new it :P . Yeah, I couldn't be bothered with the math, so I just went by the picture, but questioned whether it was to scale or not so I didn't get moaned at :P . Like I said though 17 per cube is great!

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.