Sonic Electronix

Hey whats up guys. My name is Dan, and Im pretty new to the forum. Im friends with matt, bass4lyfe, who showed me this page. Anyways, in the beginning of summer, I'm buying my first car, an 07 tundra. Matt and I have been planning this system to put in it for a couple months now, and I was just looking to see if anybody had any input or opinions. Here was what I was thinking.

2 15 inch DC level 4 XLs with level 5 coils in a blow through setup, tuned to 32-34 Hz

2 rockford fosgate 2500, one to each of them. 4 alpine level S or R coaxials in along with an amp to power them, I don't know which one though.

3 or 4 powermaster batteries

250+ amp mechman alternator

alpine CDE-102 for a HU with a line driver

Any opinions or comments? How many runs of 0 gauge would I have to make? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Plus, I'm looking for someone to do the install, cause to be honest, I have no clue how to build a decent box or cut sheet metal. I'm able to travel just about anywhere in CA if you guys have any suggestions or referrals to someone who can help me out. Thanks guys!

sounds good just need to do it now

*** SuperSeller Status Verified *** ( http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers/ )

"kevosinn's" astro van
8 custom Sundown Zv4 18's
4 Sundown scv 6000's
CNF Distribution CNC parts
Skyhigh wire

some batteries

SMD Meters and tools used on the install
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172877-kevosinns-vanwest-coast-skyhigh-car-audio-vehicle/

16,000 watt walled silverado build.
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161965-walled-silverado-4-hdc4-15s-4-crescendo-3500s-and-much-more/

8,000 watt 1999 Subaru legacy outback. Build log here: http://www.stevemead...ru/page__st__60

TEAM CNF Distribution

Hey whats up guys. My name is Dan, and Im pretty new to the forum. Im friends with matt, bass4lyfe, who showed me this page. Anyways, in the beginning of summer, I'm buying my first car, an 07 tundra. Matt and I have been planning this system to put in it for a couple months now, and I was just looking to see if anybody had any input or opinions. Here was what I was thinking.

2 15 inch DC level 4 XLs with level 5 coils in a blow through setup, tuned to 32-34 Hz

2 rockford fosgate 2500, one to each of them. 4 alpine level S or R coaxials in along with an amp to power them, I don't know which one though.

3 or 4 powermaster batteries

250+ amp mechman alternator

alpine CDE-102 for a HU with a line driver

Any opinions or comments? How many runs of 0 gauge would I have to make? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Plus, I'm looking for someone to do the install, cause to be honest, I have no clue how to build a decent box or cut sheet metal. I'm able to travel just about anywhere in CA if you guys have any suggestions or referrals to someone who can help me out. Thanks guys!

all sounds good. You can't go wrong with RF and from what I've heard DC Audio is a good brand too. I have a friend with some Alpine coaxials running off the headunit and they still sound pretty damn good. I would do two runs of 0 gauge (one from alt to battery bank and one from starter battery to battery bank). Even though you have a level 5 recone, the basket and everything else is from an XL so make sure the 2500s are tuned correctly

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

i have 2 sets of the type r components and they are amazing i love them and they have a shit ton of settings for the tweeter through the crossover

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

A friend of mine has 2 DC 18" 4XL Walled, powered by 2 X 3kwrms amps. 1pair of 8" mids, 1pair 10" mid bass, and a pair of horn tweets powered by 2 X 400wrms amp @ 4ohms... We ran 2 X 1/0 gauge to the extra batts and split it from there... Never had any power issues... So I guess 2 runs of 1/0 gauge wires can handle the system.

solid thanks guys. Ya I think I'm going to end up going with the alpine type R speakers. I figure I might as well do it right. I'm going to start ordering parts tomorrow I think and probably start the build sometime in june or july. Thanks again, I appreciate it.

Archived