Sonic Electronix

So my previous box I just built last week for my truck ended up not working and one of the walls broke causing the box to pretty much be trash. I am trying to design a box for my Ford Ranger.

The maximum depth the box can be for me to still sit comfortably and drive is 18 inches, and the box cant be much wider. It can maybe go an inch or two wider and an inch or two taller.

I am looking to be tuned around 32-34hz. The subs I am using are two 15" Level 3s, and they will be mounted inverted. Does this box look good? I am not sure about the port, do you think I'll get any port noise with it being only 3" wide? Thanks for the help.

box.png

DC AUDIO

06' Lancer

You should have 12-16 square inches of port area per foot. Also, I would Make the port height 20.5 inches tall because it's easier but it height will work too

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Ok so how would I go about increasing the in^3 of port area, decreasing the box size? And making the port 20.5 inches tall won't affect it with the port being so close to the bottom of the box? Sorry I really suck at designing boxes :/

could anyone design me something using torres calculator and post a screenshot? I'd appreciate it. :)

DC AUDIO

06' Lancer

Here's my problem, when I get the square inches of port per cubic foot to around 12, my tuning is way higher then I want it to be, like up around 38-40hz, and im trying to keep my box at 32-34hz. What I am doing wrong here? :noob:

DC AUDIO

06' Lancer

Switching to round is 9 to 12 and aeroports are even less, so switching to a more efficient port can help you.

EDIT: round port of 2x6"x18" with a .3 dis will put you at 34hz and a net of 5.5

Edited by Skullz

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Switching to round is 9 to 12 and aeroports are even less, so switching to a more efficient port can help you.

Im sorry I dont get what you mean by switching to round is 9 to 12..

Aeroports would be cool, but I dont know if I could even fit them. The port has to be on the top of the box with the speakers, and I cant make the box much wider then 34".

What will happen if I dont have the proper amount of sqaure inches per cubic foot?

DC AUDIO

06' Lancer