Just want opinions on what to do

I want to hear some opinions on what I should do for my electrical to push a 3,000watt system without a problem. Right now I plan for the BIG 3 0G and a Iraggi 220a alt. I'm guessing thats a good starting point but what about batteries? Will I NEED two and if so please recommend which two. Obviously one for up front and what for the extra in the trunk? Its a 05 Taurus.

-Robert

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

I want to hear some opinions on what I should do for my electrical to push a 3,000watt system without a problem. Right now I plan for the BIG 3 0G and a Iraggi 220a alt. I'm guessing thats a good starting point but what about batteries? Will I NEED two and if so please recommend which two. Obviously one for up front and what for the extra in the trunk? Its a 05 Taurus.

-Robert

well this is just my 2 cents, you could prob do 1 batt, but 2 would help, kinetic, stinger, or even optima YT are great batts

oh and make sure you wire 0g though out!

Edited by Freshman6969

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

well this is just my 2 cents, you could prob do 1 batt, but 2 would help, kinetic, stinger, or even optima YT are great batts

oh and make sure you wire 0g though out!

don't forget about XS power. I think your voltage would be okay with the group 31 battery from them

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

don't forget about XS power. I think your voltage would be okay with the group 31 battery from them

yep forgot them

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

Wow, that group 31 batt is almost 80lbs. Can I actually put one of those under my hood? The price isn't that bad though. $400 for one batt to do it all instead of 400 for 2 smaller ones.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Forget what? what you named or the XS? lol

XS

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

Ok here is what I think you should do, get that alt, get an xs s3400 for up front, it's a good starter battery. Then get at least one xs d3100 out back. You want to do 2 runs of 0 gauge to the back battery. Make sure you have a fuse in line to the back battery. That should be more than enough for that amount of power although that alternator probably doesn't put out enough amperage to keep those batts charged if you run the system at full tilt for a long period of time. What amp are u going to be using

*** SuperSeller Status Verified *** ( http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers/ )

"kevosinn's" astro van
8 custom Sundown Zv4 18's
4 Sundown scv 6000's
CNF Distribution CNC parts
Skyhigh wire

some batteries

SMD Meters and tools used on the install
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172877-kevosinns-vanwest-coast-skyhigh-car-audio-vehicle/

16,000 watt walled silverado build.
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161965-walled-silverado-4-hdc4-15s-4-crescendo-3500s-and-much-more/

8,000 watt 1999 Subaru legacy outback. Build log here: http://www.stevemead...ru/page__st__60

TEAM CNF Distribution