Explorer Sport Build: Dual alts, 8 12s, 3400 watts, 154 DB!!!

Just ordered a Singer 250 amp alternator. Should definitely improve my struggling electrical. Stock 130 amp alt isn't liking the 3k at .7

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

heres a quick vid. voltage drop is pretty bad but ive got a singer 250a alt ordered and should be here in a week or so. this is the lowest my voltage drops at full tilt whether idling or at 2000 rpms. poor batts are taking a beating but i dont go full tilt very often and not for long when i do cuz of the voltage drop

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

• 1 month later...

last weekend, april 15th we had a show in Lacey, WA. i took first in idbl stock 2 (146.3 sealed) and 3rd in bass boxing featherweight (131.4 driver door open). i could have gotten second but i had a shitty start and picked the wrong part of the song and the bass line dropped out half way thru my qualifying run. today i finally got my singer 250a alt and got it installed. ive got pretty bad belt slip so ive gotta get that figured out, i replaced the belt with a new one but really belt wrap is my issue. the new belt is stock length so im thinking of trying one -1 or -2 inches shorter and pulling the tensioner tighter because right now its near its loosest position.

IMAG0310.jpg

IMAG0308.jpg

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

So how did things go with the new alt? Its a nice looking alt. Can you notice any difference since you installed it?

01 2dr ExploderBuild log2 18" DC Level 6's (M3's)DC 10k5 XS d3100's, DC 390 alt100' shok ofc cable

Team ShokTEAM SUB SONIC ADDICTION

Voltage holds pretty steady. Never see below 13.3-.6. Then it jumps right back. Seems louder to the ear but that could be me wanting it to be lol.

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

Voltage holds pretty steady. Never see below 13.3-.6. Then it jumps right back. Seems louder to the ear but that could be me wanting it to be lol.

Hahahhaha either way at least your happy with it. That is all that matters. I found a KDC x991 on Craigslist for $60. I haven't decided if I am gonna flip it and make a few bucks or try and run it? It would suck to run it and mess it up though.

01 2dr ExploderBuild log2 18" DC Level 6's (M3's)DC 10k5 XS d3100's, DC 390 alt100' shok ofc cable

Team ShokTEAM SUB SONIC ADDICTION

i think your best bet would be to find a media only radio, something that doesnt have a cd player or removable face. i know kenwood has them, even on the excelon line i believe

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

• 1 month later...

okay. big update on my explorer. i decided to wall it finally so i ditched the back seats and bought a shitload of equipment. ive got 12 Crossfire C5 12s and grabbed an extra group 31 batt. i was running these on my Sundown 3k temporarily but it smoked on me so til i get it repaired im borrowing a couple amps from a friend of mine. build was done in 3 days to have it ready for an upcoming show so theres lots of final touches to do that will help but we got it up and playing and its pretty successful imo. onto build pics:

IMAG0402.jpgIMAG0403.jpgIMAG0404.jpgIMAG0405.jpgIMAG0406.jpgIMAG0407.jpgIMAG0410.jpgIMAG0412.jpg

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

Archived